- The new home for holographyforum.org will be the same server that holds the holowiki. Hey! That even makes sense.
- Possibly this weekend, I will copy the old and the current forums to the holowiki server. I have been meaning to merge the two into a single forum for some time, but that is a painstaking task I've been putting off. The move to a new server is incentive for me to finally do it.
- If and when I am comfortable the new site is functional, I will alter the current holographyforum.org site to redirect traffic to the new location.
- In theory the redirection will be transparent to you, the users of the forums, except for a different host name appearing in the URL after it is redirected. Usernames and passwords remain unchanged.
- If everything continues to look correct, I will see if Colin can update the domain name records for holographyforum.org so it points directly to the new home. (If things go poorly, I'll just kill the redirection so we'll be back at the old home, and I get to start over.)
Merging the old forum into the current one will mean everything is in just one forum, and, more importantly, everything is searchable from one place. So, the extra work required to do it is I think worth it. Sometime afterwards, after things still prove stable, I will upgrade the forum software to the latest version. We'll have a few new features that are useful.