my hello and latest test.

Present your work.
Mcurry

my hello and latest test.

Post by Mcurry »

Hi this will serve as an introduction as well as an example of some of the experiments I have been running. Back in 1984 attended the RISE program at ERSKINE college which was a summer program focusing on holography. Will never forget the first image that formed while I was bleaching a reflection hologram in the lab, and the silence as the others in the room noticed the image of the quarter floating in the beaker as I washed the bleach off. Was able to figure out the angles and for the different types of holograms singe beam and double beam, but the developing always was my weakness.
In 1986 was 16 and saved up enough for the sand box holography kit, but it came without the required developing fluid. I had a sand box table, my own laser its still sitting on my desk a Metrologic kit .05 mw that still works. Was several years later in college that was able to get the necessary chemicals to develop the 3 year old film from the kit. Worked great but the developing always was my weakness, just never developed the technique to do it properly (pun intended). The first one would come out really nice but the second would not ,due to the fluid would degrade during the time it took to make changes to the set up to get that perfect image.
Have picked up more film and lasers 200mw diode that really surprised me after using the Hene for many years the coherence length is almost unbelievable . But my wife is tired of asking me to clean up the kitchen after a night of developing and there are a few stains on the floor that are not going to come out. So after hesitating I tried the Litiho film. Here are my results. Less mess . did I mention there is no mess. I can see the image form during the exposures, which surprised me . Told my daughter who is always willing to help with an experiment that I did not think it would work since I could see the interference lines forming do to motion in the room. Will admit was very surprised to see the image when turned off the laser and the overhead light on. Not sure my days of staining the kitchen floor are over but it’s worth experimenting more.

jsfisher

Re: my hello and latest test.

Post by jsfisher »

First off, welcome to our humble home.

Were those holograms made with the stock diode laser included in the Lithiholo kit or one of the 200 mW modules you acquired? I'm curious, too, what 200 mW diodes you acquired that worked well since most tend to mode hop.
World's worst holographer
Mcurry

Post by Mcurry »

Was the large laser. Just purchased the film to see if it would work. And I over did the exposure. Have been using the dioed on several types of film and only once have had trouble with mode hoping. Gave that one as a gift to my sister. Have a 20 mw he me will try that one next.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Welcome! Excellent results. Best I've seen yet done with the Liti supplied film. Where are you located?
lobaz

Post by lobaz »

Nice result, I must give the Litiholo plates second chance :)
I am also curious what 200 mW diode do you use.
Mcurry

Post by Mcurry »

I really am not sure if the type the laser is. Its an ebay find. Have looked for the documentation thet it came with but haven't found it , have moved my office a few times since buying it.
The film would go from opaque to clear in a mater of seconds, like frost on a glass when hit with a hairdryer. then after a minute the interference lines would form. But am not sure if that's what I was seeing since have never seen them on a reflection hologram before. They would respond to sounds dog barking ext. Will keep looking as to what type of laser and playing with this film till I run out. So far am enjoying my results and all of the contributions of this board. Glad its not just me that enjoys this. Thanks
unixboy

Post by unixboy »

Good! Would you please post the picture of the 200mW laser diode you used? What kind of cooling for the diode?
Mcurry wrote:Was the large laser.
What did you mean this "large laser"? Is it the diode laser come with Litihologram kit or something else?
Mcurry

Post by Mcurry »

I make a mistake. the laser used is not 200mw but a 50mw. found the eBay listing from several years ago.
I screw up by thinking it was larger.I apologise for getting it wrong.