Old Hologram & Subject

Present your work.
BobH

Old Hologram & Subject

Post by BobH »

Many of the objects I used to make holograms in the '80s and '90s are still around, and I'd imagine that's also true of many other holographers. I recently wanted to take a pic of the microscope and illuminator I have on a display case, and caught Boris hanging out there as well.
Microscope.jpg
Microscope.jpg (908.9 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
"Boris" was one of the first subjects I worked with after moving to California and getting a job at Spectra-Physics. Another tech there named Kenny Grace gave me the little sculpture. Around 1983 I got the studio set up, and in '84 he was mounted sideways on a 4x8' table for the 8x10" transmission master, done with a Spectra-Physics model 124B He-Ne. He was given a coat of white paint for the hologram, to cut the glare spot, that's since been removed.
Boris.jpg
Boris.jpg (115.79 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
The 4x5" reflection transfers were made on hypersensitized Agfa 8E75HD plates, processed in D-19 developer with a PBQ bleach, and finished with black spray paint on the emulsion. He's pretty much all the way out in front of the plate, which cuts through at the ears.
holomaker

Re: Old Hologram & Subject

Post by holomaker »

Love it Bob, Thanks for sharing !