445nm beam profile

Post by dannybee »

Beam optics
Attachments
DSCF0036.JPG
dannybee

445nm beam profile

Post by dannybee »

Beam spread by fiber optic lens http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l3172.html
Attachments
DSCF0037.JPG
dannybee

445nm beam profile

Post by dannybee »

clean spread of beam, :D
Attachments
DSCF0035.JPG
dannybee

445nm beam profile

Post by dannybee »

photo of hologram coming soon, was able to do nice clean trans hologram ... need to make it a bit brighter for show :D
dannybee

445nm beam profile

Post by dannybee »

for information... this is a Dave Battin laser , Te cooling, run at 135mw with good coherence :D
Joe Farina

445nm beam profile

Post by Joe Farina »

135mW (with reasonable coherence) is an impressive amount of power with TE cooling only and no extended cavity. Was there any kind of feedback to the diode (microscope cover slip, etc.)?

I looked at the fiber optic face plate from Surplus Shed. That's pretty wild, I've never seen those before. It appears from your photos that you're using a single cylindrical lens first, then the beam goes through the face plate. The spread beam looks very nice and clean.
dannybee

445nm beam profile

Post by dannybee »

Joe Farina wrote:135mW (with reasonable coherence) is an impressive amount of power with TE cooling only and no extended cavity. Was there any kind of feedback to the diode (microscope cover slip, etc.)?

I looked at the fiber optic face plate from Surplus Shed. That's pretty wild, I've never seen those before. It appears from your photos that you're using a single cylindrical lens first, then the beam goes through the face plate. The spread beam looks very nice and clean.
feedback to the diode ? how do you do that? and will that alow me to turn up the power? can you use a beam splitter to throw back lets say 25% ? need more input? we are doing this resurch to get more of this units on the market :D and give all of us cheap blue photons
Joe Farina

445nm beam profile

Post by Joe Farina »

If there's 135mW already, with enough coherence, without feedback, then I'm not sure if there's much of a need to look into the simple feedback technique (See the thread in the OLD forum, in General Holography, on the first page, called "Some experiments with the blue LD's," by Thieu). There is some more information and tests on Wler's pages.