Softdrink cans

Present your work.
kyodai

Softdrink cans

Post by kyodai »

Thanks for the comments. These were made with the typical slavich plates, i think PFG3-m they are called (The red sensitive).

The cans are filled with a bit of liquid. The laser warm up time was about 20 minutes. I am running it on batteries and the batteries have been used for a few hours laser operation time - as the laser still looks bright i thought i dont need to change them yet?

Next week i should have my HeNe lasers, but i still dont have any optics. WOuld love to try with these soon to see if it makes a difference.
Tom B.

Softdrink cans

Post by Tom B. »

Congratulations! For your next challenge, I suggest you gather various objects - bottle caps, coins, jewelry, seeds, flowers, pearls (fake pearl necklaces are fine) etc.
and place them in the object zone, close to the plate. This will help you to see what works and what does not. Pearls are my favorite holographic object.
holomaker

Softdrink cans

Post by holomaker »

kyodai wrote:Next week i should have my HeNe lasers, but i still dont have any optics. WOuld love to try with these soon to see if it makes a difference.

if you send me your address i can send you some optics to get you started, lens, first surface mirrors, beam splitter ...............dave
Joe Farina

Softdrink cans

Post by Joe Farina »

Tom B. wrote:Pearls are my favorite holographic object.
Incidentally, any object can be turned into a "pearl" by applying "Pearl Ex" pigments. The best type I've found in in the Pearl Ex line for holography is called "Micropearl." If these terms are googled, the products should appear, they're probably on eBay also. It comes in a dry powder form, and a wide variety of binding media can be used to turn it into a paint. From what I've read, these are very fine mica flakes which have been coated with a very thin layer of titanium dioxide, and this is what causes the pearlescent effect. This material is superb for coating objects for holography, extremely reflective and not metallic. As an added benefit, it oftentimes preserves the polarization.