Merlin Photopolymer hologram

Present your work.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

This is a contact copy made with Polygrama DAROL film. (DCG Master by Dinesh Padiyar)
Darol Photopolymer
Darol Photopolymer
Original DCG:
By Dinesh Padiyar
By Dinesh Padiyar
Exposed with 532 nm (Coherent 55mW Compass 315M) for 90 seconds
=> Result visible green latent image.

Heat developed by contact the polyester base for 1-2 seconds at 190°C.
=> Result "DCG" type artificial hologram.

The high absorption emulsion at green line bleaches during exposure onto 40um depth so the Denisyuk copy is possible with high back reflective master.

Sergio.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

That looks great.

How did you manage to heat the entire surface evenly when the heat was applied for only 1-2 seconds?

Jeff W
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Jeff the film pass by a small steel heated rod for even heating, the polyester got not distorted by this way and the hologram isn't heat overexposed. Long heating and the film got milk.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Sergio wrote:Jeff the film pass by a small steel heated rod for even heating, the polyester got not distorted by this way and the hologram isn't heat overexposed. Long heating and the film got milk.
Thank you for the explanation Sergio, I understand what your saying perfectly.

You have a very good system, the hologram is excellent.

Jeff Weil
NorthBeach Holography Inc.
dcgman

Post by dcgman »

Sergio,
I've been on the Polygrama web site and there seems to be no information on how to order samples of either the dry photopolymer CROMA films or the DAROL film. Can you advise on how to get these samples?
Further, what is the difference between the DAROL and CROMA films?
Thanks.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

More info will be posted this weekend, with the sample acquisition information, you can PM me meanwhile, DAROL substitute entirely CROMA with easy process.

To make this hologram I simply removed the protective cover and roll laminate the slightly tacky polymer onto glass forming the structure for exposure. After light bleaching with an ordinary led lamp for 5 min I removed the film from glass (Here I've got a visible green image for evaluation) and heat "develop" for some seconds to get an improved amplification. The result image is near same central original laser light with some bandwidth.

Sergio.
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

Wow, would love to see a short movie about it to get an idea of the depth and angle of view.

I have never seen a monochromatic hologram with such a pure green, it looks nearly "impossible", unreal to me. I really had to look at the photo for a while to make sure this is no fake CG trick or so. Really impressive, at least on the photo it appers nearly like it's "volumetric". Outstanding!