colour dcg

Present your work.
Dinesh

colour dcg

Post by Dinesh »

Kyodai:
There is no such thing as a "panchromatic dcg" yet. I've been trying off-and-on for about three years but with no luck so far. However, you can red sensitise dcg with Methylene Blue. Jeff Blythe came up with this technique and it's known as MB-DCG. I've never tried MB-DCG, so I have no idea about it. It's supposed to decrease the dcg sensitivity (which, gawd knows, is bad enough!).

However, you can have pseudocolour dcg. Here are two examples. The "kitsch" has a bit of a history. Tom B wrote, on the old forum, that it's such a pity that most holograms are very kitsch: skulls, chess pieces, brass Buddha's etc.. So, we made a competition to see who can make the most kitsch hologram. The "kitsch" is my kitsch hologram. By the way, if you want to see some really good colour with dcg, try and get Dave Battin to show some of his stuff.
kitsch.jpg
kitsch.jpg (5.38 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
OPALGECKO.jpg
OPALGECKO.jpg (11.88 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
kyodai

colour dcg

Post by kyodai »

Thanks so much for posting them, they are so beautiful. You may discuss about the artistic value of the Kitsch picture, but the colors came out excellent. The gecko also came out very cool, i love how saturated the colours look in your photograph. Really encouraging!

ANd excellent information about methylene blue in DCG. How can anyone come to that idea? I guess i owe Jess Blythe a beer for that extraordinary idea. What could be cheaper and easier available than Methylene blue? I prolly still have some in the basement from my laboratory era. If i get to cooking my own DCG emulsion any time soon i will definitely make sure to have some Methylene blue ready. =)

Thanks a lot for keeping the inspirations flowing and setting the mark high. ;)