DAROL 2

Present your work.
Dinesh

DAROL 2

Post by Dinesh »

Here's another H1/H2 with Darol. As before, the H1 is a laser transmission on silver and the H2 is an image planed reflection on DAROL.
Ganesh.jpg
Ganesh.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
Sergio

DAROL 2

Post by Sergio »

Nice Dinesh, very well, apropos the little bubbles appearing on the surface were due poor lamination pressure onto cover, that indeed solved, so a very plain film is now possible, the blue colour now indicate that you heat over developed, also the hologram became less bright, the optimum reproduction is always the same original colour with less or more milkering similar to DCG, so isn't possible get much broadband, although a "gold" tone is possible with more temperature ;)
Dinesh

DAROL 2

Post by Dinesh »

Sergio
When I shot the above image (Ganesh) in 514, it was weak. This was strange because the green dragon image was quite bright. I thought it might be a ratio problem, so I changed the ratio, but still could not get a good image. But, I noticed that if I heated it for a longer period it became brighter. I normally heat the film for 1 minute at 300 F, so I heated the Ganesh at 300 F for 5 minutes. It did become brighter (not as bright as the green dragon, but brighter). It also blue shifted, as you can see. Then I wondered whether the red dragon would "blue shift" with longer heat, so I put that back in the oven. Sure enough, it shifted to a gold colour and became brighter.

The mystery of the weak Ganesh image was solved yesterday. I was trying to shoot a dcg image for someone and could not get a good bright image. I'm using a backup laser because my main laser is being repaired. We set up a Michelson and found that the backup laser only had a coherence of 3 cm. I had assumed 10cm, as per spec.