2 exposures
2 more exposures
2 more exposures
Eagle 3.JPG
Eagle 4.JPG
Tom B.

Blue Eagles

Post by Tom B. »

Yes, I'm reminded of how difficult blue holograms are - so much scattering from the gelatin even when using fine grained
emulsion. I think that using a blue LED for illumination could help, or, for white light illumination, soaking the emulsion in a Methylene blue solution (a water soluble blue dye) might be effective in improving contrast without reducing the brightness too much...
Jeffrey Weil

Blue Eagles

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Tom B. wrote:Yes, I'm reminded of how difficult blue holograms are - so much scattering from the gelatin even when using fine grained
emulsion. I think that using a blue LED for illumination could help, or, for white light illumination, soaking the emulsion in a Methylene blue solution (a water soluble blue dye) might be effective in improving contrast without reducing the brightness too much...
I'm not sure that would work Tom. The scattered light is mostly blue, it would go right through your "filter".

Jeff W
dannybee

Blue Eagles

Post by dannybee »

holomark wrote:Here are some samples of the "blue eagles"

to eliminate the haze or scatter put it in a weak vitamin c bath and expose to a strong light, i got this on my full color holos and this helped alot and will help contrast so the blue will be stronger
Jeffrey Weil

Blue Eagles

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Again Danny,

Yeah, that turns it into colloidal silver. You can tell by the reddish tint the film takes. I've also found that in strong enough sunlight, Florida for example, you can do it with just straight water.

Jeff W
dannybee

Blue Eagles

Post by dannybee »

Jeffrey Weil wrote:Hello Again Danny,

Yeah, that turns it into colloidal silver. You can tell by the reddish tint the film takes. I've also found that in strong enough sunlight, Florida for example, you can do it with just straight water.

Jeff W
hi Jeff my shadow :D