Circuit Board Hologram

Present your work.
Jem

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by Jem »

Here's my latest effort. It's a H2 white light reflection copy of a H1 master transmission hologram. The nice thing about it is that the magnifying lens sticks out about 40 to 45mm in front of the glass, whilst the circuit board is just behind the glass.

If I was to make this again i'd use a slightly smaller lens with some sort of border around the edge to make it more visible. I'd also use a circuit board with slightly smaller components.

H1 master was a 7" x 5" film, Agfa 8E75D, CW-C2 developer and EDTA bleach. H2 is 5" x 4" film, Agfa 8E75D, Pyro developer and Acid Dichromate bleach. 20 second exposure using a 35mW 632.8nm HeNe. Both the H1 and H2 were made using a split beam setup.

Here's a video...

http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu32 ... 8eabfc.mp4

Cheers

Jem
John Sonley

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by John Sonley »

Great image Jeremy - I'll need some lessons from you. the last time I tried using a lens I got bad colour aberations
Speak to you soon
John
Jem

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by Jem »

Haha... I think i've got a fair way to go before I get to the quality of work that you're producing John :) . Besides, if it wasn't for your expert guidance I would probably still be a long long way from producing what you see.

The trick is probably to use an aspheric lens rather than a spherical one ;)

Speak soon

Jeremy
Jeffrey Weil

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Jem,

Looking good! I love those magnifier images. Fun stuff.

Jeff Weil
NorthBeach Holography Inc.
rzeheb

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by rzeheb »

Hi Jem,

Looks GREAT, congratulations!

The first hologram I made that I felt was good enough to give away was an H1 to H2 image plane with a magnifying lens. The subject was a pair of small ceramic dogs with a small tick glued to the flank of one of the dogs. You needed to look through the magnifying glass to tell that the spot on the side of the dog was a tick. As with your image, the magnifying glass reconstructed in front of the plate while the dogs were slightly behind it. At first I tried to find a picture of a tick to use in the model but I didn't like any of them (they didn't have enough detail and resolution in the small size that I needed) so I ended up getting a real deer tick (LOL, probably carried Lyme disease), killing it in alcohol, and carefully gluing it to the model. I had originally planned to submit it as an entry to holography contest that was being organized about 2 years ago. When that fell through I gave it away as a gift to my boss. At the time I was still working with the small 2.5 by 2.5 inch Slavich plates which was a definite "con" (when chalking up the pros and cons), but I have never tried to make another one since.
Jem

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by Jem »

Thanks for your kind comments folks.

You'll probably have gathered by now that i'm still at the stage where I get very excited seeing the results of the holograms i'm making :lol: .

I often wonder if the magic will wear off and my enthusiasm will dampen, I can't see it happening anytime soon though. What I want to do now is improve my technique and get brighter and brighter holograms (not going to try DCG just yet though :roll: ).

Any comments or suggestions as to how I can improve are always very welcome.

Thanks

Jem
holomaker

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by holomaker »

Nice work jem! Don't worry as you make more and more advanced holograms the excitment will still be there. I'll even promise it! :lol:
BobH

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by BobH »

The only way your excitement will wane is if you decide to try and make a living doing holography. :roll:
Tony

Circuit Board Hologram

Post by Tony »

Except for that cold solder joint near C9 it looks fantastic!!