The Train Hologram

Present your work.
Jeffrey Weil

The Train Hologram

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello John,

Nice one! I like the text around the object. Very cool.

As far as selling copies, it's your choice and there's clients to think of, but strictly from a legal standpoint it's no problem. The logo might belong to them but unless you signed or agreed to a work for hire situation you own the master of the train. You can do whatever you want with it.

Now, like I said, I'm not saying the client won't get pissed off, it might even cost you another job from them in the future. I'm only talking legally.

But you never know, they might not even mind you selling copies.

Jeff W
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Thanks Jeffrey, and thanks for the advise. He actaully stated he doesn't mind but wonders why someone would want their club logo. Very good piece of advise legally though.

The great thing about this hologram is that their logo actually tried to imitate a train going through the circle. So once I presented my idea of a "real" train doing it he loved the idea and loves the hologram even more. I just hope all his club buddies love it just as much. When I get a chance i will try to do a video of it and post it. It really works. The logo is white and bright enough that you cannot se the hologram so the back of the train really looks like it is behind the logo. And the front sticks out way past their logo.

Here is their home page and their logo is at the top of the page. You can see what they tried to do with the logo.
http://www.fcsme.org/
holomaker

The Train Hologram

Post by holomaker »

All good points, but as i remember its actualy your image anyway, you just happened to sell them your image (you made this master many yeas back). Yes ? Can you also change the logo (is it applied?)to Soutern Pacific or Whatever ? Its a good marketable image that took a good holographic mind to compose !
nice job John
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Good call Dave the Holomaker. Thank you! I may just do that. Let's see if I can produce a decent image on film.

Yes, the round part is just a printed image on black background placed behind the hologram in the frame. Funny, when you do that, the hologram looks solid and the printed image looks ghostly as in this hologram.
HandsJuian.jpg
HandsJuian.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
God it's good to be back in holography. My life is full again.
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Here is another shot of the train but this is on film, not plate. The whole hologam is orange, no yellow. Seems the camera make the bright imaged plane part in front of the plate yellow.
IMG_0397.jpg
Tony

The Train Hologram

Post by Tony »

Very nice John.
Are you trying to get orange?
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Color really didnt matter as long as the hologram was aesthetically appealing and bright. So I used no pre or post treatment.
dcgman

The Train Hologram

Post by dcgman »

Fantastic work John.
However, a word of advice: think carefully about displaying your commercial work on this forum, as it seems to anger certain other forum regulars who think that they should be getting all the commercial work.