The Train Hologram

Present your work.
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Ok, here it is. My son found a couple of batteries. (I bet they were in his game controller, thats why i cant keep them around the house, so i dont buy them anymore unless i need them, anyway...)
As you can see it is upside down to see the correct image plaining. And yes, I was in a rush to make this as I had 1/2 hour from getting home to making the exposure before the family got home. That included turning laser on, setting up safe lights (which I will post under the 633 safelight section, loading plate, settle, and shoot.
The hologram is bright orange in real life, not sure why the camera it displaying it in yellow.

Image planed H2 in PFG-01 made from a master in BB green from my ion laser.
20 second exposure (really probably only need 12 or so).
No TEA used.
Processed in JD2 as directed.
Train master was made with the train at a slight angle to the plate. So the front of the train sticks out aobut 1 inch and the back of the train is behind the plate about an inch. Master was 8 x 10.
No pinholes used and no edgeblocker (I just wanted to see color).
Overall pretty pleased.
IMG_0356red.jpg
Here i flipped the image in Paint.
IMG_0356red2.jpg
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Time for wobble program I guess. And set up the slide rail mount for the tripod.
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Put pinholes in, black taped off all edges of master, blocked stay light i saw in hologram, moved ref beam to opposite side (weird, flipped master and projected image was real dim, so I had to move my ref beam to other side of plate, shoot with emulsion facing ref beam, then diplay by flipping emulsion to back to see. in other words I am shooting the pseudo and flipping final to get the real.)

Holo very clean but still orange. More orange. Cut exposure to 15 seconds. Still a little to much burn in. My darn TEA did come in. Looked at tracking and they stated they had wrong address but corrected it and it will be delivered Monday. Frigging UPS, guy didnt make it, they had correct address. Now I cant shoot anymore till Monday.

If I can get this down, I may be able to sell like 30. That would give me some play money (film and chemistry). Keep your fingers crossed.

I tried to sub this out and no on wanted it, even though I had master to give them. Oh well, glad I kept master and guy still interested after 2 years.

Cant wait till monday.
Kiffdino

The Train Hologram

Post by Kiffdino »

Cool train, though you have used that object before, correct ? I guess i have seen it somewhere on your homepage.
Looked at tracking and they stated they had wrong address but corrected it and it will be delivered Monday. Frigging UPS, guy didnt make it, they had correct address. Now I cant shoot anymore till Monday.
You gotta have so much patience with holography. All the stuff that you need, so much waiting for deliveries... and sometimes you dont have the money buy it....
waiting waiting waiting
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

You are correct about that Kiffdino!!!
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Well, that TEA stuff threw a huge learning curve into my session. Sorry I tried it for now.

So, It looks like I will have to fall back on the hologram I made a few days ago in which there is some scattered light that came in on the referenece side just over the spatial filter from some upline optics and hit the top of the plate (you can see the smudgyness at the rear of the train). Its barely noticable to the untrained eye, and the camera really exagerates it in the photo. In real life the whole hologram is orange, not gold. And with the back of the train being behind the logo, like I said it is nearly unnoticable. Anyway, here it the final product.
IMG_0365red.jpg
Tony

The Train Hologram

Post by Tony »

Really nice John
Xmas is around the corner, what are you asking for one of these babys?
If it is with my price range I would consider one.
T
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

It was made for a club. It is their logo. They may want up to 20 or 30 of them. I would have to ask them if I can sell a copy. If so, I will e-mail you with a price.

I ordered film today, not plates. Might as well see if I can play with film in the mean time. They will not get back to me for an order until after their club meeting mid Nov. But with film, I can start to play with other things I want to do.

The next one is a Texas Hold'em Ultimate winning poker hand. Master is already made. The play hand will float about 1 1/2 inches in front of plate and the table hand will be at the plane of the film.

Now to design a film holder, time for another thread.
holomaker

The Train Hologram

Post by holomaker »

Keep going Man! its great to have you back john !

Try and tune a nice green one for me and ill stamp you a bunch a bright DCG's for Ya!
Johnfp

The Train Hologram

Post by Johnfp »

Thanks Dave.

LOL, I will keep you in mind. I may take you up with the Poker hand.