Some stuff from Triple Take

Present your work.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

I've put up this page elsewhere and was asked to post it here. So, here's some dcg's we've done over the past few years. The clock is probably the earliest, since we were making those around 2002 or 2003. The mermaid is thanks to Colin. He visited us to learn dcg and designed the mermaid image, which he and Joy shot. The ship in the bottle and the lamp were Joy's flexing her artistic/aesthetic muscles! The Hindu images (Krishna, Nataraj, Ganesh and Om) were inspired by a trip to India in 2006.
http://www.3d-expressions.com/gifts/
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

Cool holograms. I like the lamp the best. Really melds holography with a real world item.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Ah! Those photos reminded me of the set of holographic boardroom table coasters that we ordered from Triple Take, somewhere around 2003-2006. I miss them...

g
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Johnfp wrote:Cool holograms. I like the lamp the best. Really melds holography with a real world item.
Thanks, John. As you know, this was always our philosophy. I always thought that unless holograms blended with the real world, holography was going to seem, at best, a craft item and, at worst, a piece of hi-tech razzle-dazzle with no real-world application.
favalora wrote:Ah! Those photos reminded me of the set of holographic boardroom table coasters that we ordered from Triple Take, somewhere around 2003-2006. I miss them..
Well, Gregg, you can always order some more. We're a little busy until Christmas, but we can shoot off a few after New Year's. The cost now is $1000.00, but you get a 99% discount if you throw in a decent Merlot...
I'm joking. But, since we do mainly technical and research work these days, we do have a few more coasters lying around in boxes not doing anybody any good. If you want some, let me know and I can send you some.
a_k

Post by a_k »

Great holograms, Dinesh, and a nice finish too with the metal frames and all. It must be quite some work to cut the plates to those irregular shapes.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

a_k wrote:Great holograms, Dinesh, and a nice finish too with the metal frames and all. It must be quite some work to cut the plates to those irregular shapes.
Thanks, Ahmet. It is a bit of work, which is why we abandoned display. We got so involved in fashioning these pieces we forgot that we were pricing ourselves out of the market! No one would buy these holograms for the time we put into them. Now we make a few of these now and again just to play if we have a little time and no technical projects on hand. Sometimes we do something exotic for ourselves. For example, we have a large-ish fish tank. We made a hologram of two pirates fighting and placed it in the tank so it seems that there are two ghostly pirates fighting in the middle of the tank.
holorefugee

Post by holorefugee »

I love the wavy edges you added to the mermaid hologram, it looks really good that way.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

holorefugee wrote:I love the wavy edges you added to the mermaid hologram, it looks really good that way.
Thanks. The wavy edges were made especially for a marine. Joy was asked for a gift from the wife of a marine who collected mermaid paraphernalia. This marine was also a diver. So, Joy fashioned those wave lines to make it look like the marine had gone diving and come across the marine underwater.