Litiholo kit holograms

Present your work.
Dinesh

Litiholo kit holograms

Post by Dinesh »

dannybee wrote:but like dupont it cant handle the lower frequencies so it doesn't handle defused objects very well,
Higher frequencies, Danny. It can't handle the higher frequencies. Anything can handle the low frequencies, even store-bought standard ASA 200 film. The reason that diffuse objects need a high frequency response is that the angular spread of the object beam is higher, the light reflecting off a real object spreads out more. The broader the spreading out of the light, the higher the frequencies necessary to capture all of it. If the object beam is kept "tight", as it is when you have a master hologram copying onto a copy hologram, then you don't need high frequencies, depending on how divergent the replay beam for the master is.
dannybee

Litiholo kit holograms

Post by dannybee »

thanks Dinesh for the correction, :D
Arturo

Litiholo kit holograms

Post by Arturo »

Danny,

I have a bunch of liti "plates", so I am really interested in the two processes you mention ("I found that a wet bath of Ethyl Alcohol will brighten up the hologram by 2 stops also heat will do this too.")... could you please when you get the chance explain these a little or give some link to read about them (for instance, what concentration of ethyl Alcohol? for how long? the film is exposed wet or dry? does the film need to be peeled off from the glass plate?... and for the second, at what temperature, for how long, again, the film only or with the glass plate?).

I hope you find a few minutes to address this. Thanks.
Arturo

Litiholo kit holograms

Post by Arturo »

Some more stuff with the litiholo polymer:

- Red single beam transmission, 7 min exposure

- Green single beam transmission, 7 min exposure

- Full color reflection using the new kit and lasers provided, 10 min exposure:

And a short video of this: http://youtu.be/T5w26wtTouA

More photos on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/theotocopulitos/sets/
jsfisher

Litiholo kit holograms

Post by jsfisher »

At least from the photographs, the colors are disappointing.
World's worst holographer