"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Present your work.
holomaker

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by holomaker »

The Holo Rosett is an 11" square, 3-exposuer, one step using Fuji film .....

made with paper cutouts only.
Attachments
space rosette by D A Battin
space rosette by D A Battin
rzeheb

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by rzeheb »

Very nice Dave!
Johnfp

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by Johnfp »

Dave, you do great work sir.
holomaker

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by holomaker »

Thanks you guys! I post these pictures to enqourage others to join in and do the same. Enjoy All.......

sooner or later ill video all these as i have a gallery showing comming in December and that is where ill get the best videos made (for lighting that is)
rzeheb

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by rzeheb »

Where will you be showing Dave?

I'm trying to set up a show of my own, but the wait time for a gallery at the art center is about 2 years. I've spoken with the curator and she is interested. I'll be meeting with her to show her some of my work in February. Hopefully, she'll like it well enough to reserve gallery time for me. But two years?? I could have been hit by a beer truck by then. :o
Hugo_C

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by Hugo_C »

Very nice Dave, you are always stunning me.

regards
a_k

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by a_k »

Great hologram, Dave. Were the 3 exposures made with different wavelength lasers or with one laser and different angles? And in the reconstruction are all elements in the same plane or at different distances from the film surface?
holomaker

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by holomaker »

a_k wrote:Great hologram, Dave. Were the 3 exposures made with different wavelength lasers or with one laser and different angles? And in the reconstruction are all elements in the same plane or at different distances from the film surface?

ahmet, these were three separate exposuers all done at different depths using the same wavelength laser 632nm (hene)
a_k

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by a_k »

Thanks for the explanation Dave. Since the time you posted the "Aftershock" i was wondering how paper would be kept stable enough during the exposure but now i finally realised that you must have been using negative cutouts, that is the hologram is not of light reflected or shine through paper but light going through the holes cut in paper. That way movement of the paper would not be of critical importance, since movement would only "blur" the edges of the forms.

Movement of the template with the cutouts could even be used creatively to create brightness modulations around the forms.
Jeffrey Weil

"Holo-Rosette" 2010

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Everyone,

That's a nice image. I bet it looks better in real life too.

BTW, in the embossed world we have a name for this technique......it's called a 2d-3d :D

Jeffrey Weil
NorthBeach Holography Inc.