Trading card

Present your work.
Arturo

Trading card

Post by Arturo »

Thanks Jeff. I will check that.

I remember some old covers (no cards) around the 90s that had holograms of sculptures on them... did you make those too?
Jeffrey Weil

Trading card

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello Arturo,

No, I didn't start doing the sports cards till after that.

Jeff W
Dinesh

Trading card

Post by Dinesh »

Some of them may have been done at ABNH. I was the dot matrix operator at ABNH and I remember many DC-Marvel cards that had both DC and Marvel characters on the same card. I think we had the first dot matrix, basically a prototype by Ken Harris and these Marvel/DC cards were the first job I ran on the dot matrix. I believe I may have a few in a box somewhere. We also did a lot of the Denny's and Fleer cards that were a mixture of dot matrix, stereogram and conventional holograms. ABNH used these techniques to make wallet-sized cards with a calender in the back and a dot matrix/stereogram/conventional hologram on the front. There was a TV program called "3rd Rock from the Sun" that claimed to have aired the first ever 3d TV broadcast sometime in 96. A magazine called "Entertainment..." something (Entertainment Weekly?) had a front cover which was a hologram of the characters. I have that cover lying around somewhere; I'll see if I can dig it up on Monday (it's in the lab). There were also Spiderman comic covers with a full page hologram (also somewhere in the myriad boxes in various cupboards in the lab!)
Dinesh

Trading card

Post by Dinesh »

As promised, some of my collection of spiderman comic book covers with holograms, as well as a series of 180 cards of comic book characters with 10 of them being holographic. This is but a small sample of the holographic comic book covers/characters etc stored in odd drawers all over the lab, but it would have been too time consuming to find them and take photos of all of them. I'm afraid I need to make gratings so as to get enough beer coupons to keep the local pub open. By the way, the first one is a holodisk made by Ryder Nesbitt, I believe.
Attachments
DC holo cards.jpg
holo on comic spiderman.jpg
spiderman holodisk.jpg
rzeheb

Trading card

Post by rzeheb »

Thanks for posting those Dinesh. I had no idea they were out there.
Arturo

Trading card

Post by Arturo »

rzeheb wrote:Thanks for posting those Dinesh. I had no idea they were out there.
Yep, thanks Dinesh. I remember I had seen the spider cover at my local comic store, along with some others...