some two-color

Present your work.
Joe Farina

some two-color

Post by Joe Farina »

These photos (and the holograms too) are of poor quality, I apologize for that.

But I'm finally gaining some insight into what's possible with dye-sensitized DCG, and the possibilities are huge!

These were done with Jeff's MBDCG formula, except that boric acid was used to adjust the pH, and Rhodamine 6G was used as the additional green sensitizer. The exposure was a combined 532/633 beam, with 14mW for 532 and 20mW for 633, measured after the spatial filter, the holograms are simple SBR Denisyuk. Plates are about 5 X 5 inches, and the exposures were around 20 minutes.

One of the figures was painted with a few colors (very crudely), and the other figure was painted silver. The silver-painted figure helps me to get a better grip on whether the hologram (as a whole) is more narrowband or broadband. The plate on the right has a serious flaw (but also the best color reproduction) because there is a patch across the lower faces and upper chests of the two figures. This seems to be where the emulsion overheated in the oven. (I made a mistake by laving the glass directly on the inner floor of a homemade oven, I will correct that next time.)

The colors came out fine. The outer robe is green, the inner garment is red, the scroll is white, the skin tone is tan, the hair is dark brown, with some lighter brown areas. I'm surprised the scroll came out so white. These two wavelengths (532 and 633) seem to be capable of reproducing a great many colors, but of course anything containing blue won't show up. I'm confident that this exact system will work very well if blue is added, for full color.
Attachments
P2230016.JPG
P2230017.JPG
P2230018.JPG
Tony DCG

some two-color

Post by Tony DCG »

Hi Joe,
Well done.
Perhaps a photo of the actual object would help.
The first and center photo is an excellent shot of red.

Good luck sir
holomaker

some two-color

Post by holomaker »

Yea super Joe, when i first saw this on my smart phone was not so impressed, but now viewing on a large screen they really look great for a fist try! Very nice Joe !