Corn Sheller

Present your work.
Tommy

Corn Sheller

Post by Tommy »

This is a hologram of my Dad's corn sheller. It has lurked in the garage being vaguely threatening for as long as I can remember, but recently moved into my basement. So obviously a hologram must be made. The round part just off center sticks out of the plate several inches.

The master and H2 are both on ultimate 08, 400 uJ/cm^2. Reconstructed in sunlight.

In person the image looks a lot less bright, which is frustrating because the hologram immediately before it, of a geode, came out painfully bright (difficult to photograph). I suspect beam ratio and/or metering the object beam issues. Both the dim and the bright one were with a ratio of 1:1, but the geode is more or less solid white while the corn sheller has lots of shadows.
lobaz

Corn Sheller

Post by lobaz »

Nice one. What are the hologram dimensions? Do you make reflection or transmission H1?
Petr
Tommy

Corn Sheller

Post by Tommy »

lobaz wrote:Nice one. What are the hologram dimensions? Do you make reflection or transmission H1?
Petr
Its an 8x10, the master was a transmission, the reference beam was about 56 degrees. The orientation was on its side, the right side of the final hologram was the bottom, in person you can almost see the lab jack which the sheller was clamped to. The illumination was two otherwise undiverged beams reflected off knobs on either side of the sheller (or in the final orientation, top and bottom).

http://www.bobdbob.com/~tjohnson/lab/20 ... 72.JPG.jpg