Dinesh we should start "the Porcelain Cat Group"

Present your work.
Arturo

Post by Arturo »

Guess what? I am in!

Ok, as you all are aware I am very amateur, so I feel like a lurker. I am not sure I can contribute much in terms of presentations/talks/discussions. Thinking about it, I thought you I might bring with me the "litiholo color kit" if you guys want to have a look at what Paul has designed... Let me know if you guys feel this is interesting for you.

Arturo
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Arturo wrote:Ok, as you all are aware I am very amateur, so I feel like a lurker. I am not sure I can contribute much in terms of presentations/talks/discussions. Arturo
Don't worry about that Arturo. We all started out that way. I'm not going to the meeting but if you do, don't just bring things like the Liti kit. Bring your work! Even if you're not proud of it yet. People there will help you get better.

That's one of the best things about holography meetings. It's not being the "pro" and knowing everything. It's being there learning from the pros that's the best.

Jeff W
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Jeffrey Weil wrote:That's one of the best things about holography meetings. It's not being the "pro" and knowing everything. It's being there learning from the pros that's the best.
True and I'd like to confirm that. This is not about reporting some great finding or technique, it's more about just getting together with other holographers and discussing problems or exchanging ideas and techniques. As I stated earlier, one of things I was going to do was to go through an entire H1/H2 on silver/dcg, so people could simply observe our techniques. Joy has found an inexpensive way(s) to make models to shoot and that may interest whoever's present.

The last time we did this, Bob made the comment that the early Lake Forest/ISDH gatherings were like these PCGG meetings - largely informal, with just holographers talking to holographers with little or no organised structure. I'd like to think that this spirit continues.

Arturo, your choice concerning the Liti. However, the last time we did this, someone did bring 6 Liti plates and all of us tried to get them to work. We couldn't! However, in discussing what may be wrong and how we may be able to induce the Liti to produce an image, we had a lot of fun being creative with our solutions. It'd be interesting to see if this time we get an image. One of the fascinating things about these PCGG meetings is seeing how creative holographers can be (out of necessity?!!) and how this creativity comes out in such an informal structure.
Arturo

Post by Arturo »

Thanks a lot, Jeffrey!
Dinesh wrote:Arturo, your choice concerning the Liti. However, the last time we did this, someone did bring 6 Liti plates and all of us tried to get them to work. We couldn't! However, in discussing what may be wrong and how we may be able to induce the Liti to produce an image, we had a lot of fun being creative with our solutions. It'd be interesting to see if this time we get an image. One of the fascinating things about these PCGG meetings is seeing how creative holographers can be (out of necessity?!!) and how this creativity comes out in such an informal structure.
Dinesh, I first tried the Liti just to sort out my problems with my setup. I got some good images, which helped me find out that the source of my problems was not in my stability or setup, but in the Slavich batch I had been used. So I give them the credit of, at least, saving me much frustration and maybe keep me in holography when I was about to quit thinking it was hopeless.

But what I meant by bringing the kit to the meeting was not so much related to the plates, but to the color combination HOE and laser pointers they came up with, which I thought some of you might want to have a look at... the HOE I can bring, but on a second thought, it might not be a good idea to bring the diodes in my luggage, I would not want to lose/damage my only source, no matter how faint, of blue light!
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

We have plenty of laser pointers, including blue. We even have a UV one. So, if you want to, just bring the HOE.
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

i will give a demo how to take red sensitive film or plate and make it panchromatic, also show how to make plates DYI
Arturo

Post by Arturo »

dannybee wrote:i will give a demo how to take red sensitive film or plate and make it panchromatic, also show how to make plates DYI
Sounds great!
Holomark

Post by Holomark »

Tickets booked and car reserved. Looking forward to the get together.
Dinesh,
Can I send a package to you in advance of arrival? Business address ok?
Mark
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

holomark wrote:Tickets booked and car reserved. Looking forward to the get together.
Dinesh,
Can I send a package to you in advance of arrival? Business address ok?
Mark
Sure. Yes, business address OK.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Just a reminder that PCGG IV is in two weeks. We start with a party on the evening of Friday 16th, repair to the lab on Saturday 17th and (for those still with us) on Sunday 18th. I'll drop off another reminder next Friday.