Tung Jeong

Topics not fitting anywhere else.
Ed Wesly

Tung Jeong

Post by Ed Wesly »

Begin forwarded message:

Dear Colleagues,

I write with great sadness to inform you that T. H. ('TJ') Jeong, Professor of Physics, Emeritus, passed away on Sunday after a tenacious struggle with prostrate cancer. TJ joined the faculty at Lake Forest College in 1963 and retired in 1997. TJ is survived by his wife, Anna, and their three children, Alec, Alicia, and Allan.

A private funeral service is being held in Tallahassee this week, with a memorial service in the Lake Forest area tentatively planned for later this summer. Further details will be forthcoming as they become available.

Michael

Michael T. Orr
Krebs Provost and the Dean of the Faculty
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2338
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Din

Re: Tung Jeong

Post by Din »

I am so sorry about this.
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

So sad to hear that! I made my first hologram with his legendary "Holokit", i still have all that stuff here at home. For me he brought Holography to home at a price everyone could afford. Me and my best friend spent hours in the tiny bathroom of my old single appartment competing about who makes the best holograms. "OMG, look at the depth" "haha, yours has fringes!" and such...

To me Mr. Jeong was not just a good holographer but also one of the few pioneers who managed to stand up and do something to bring hologram making to simple people's homes and class rooms.

He will sure be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family!
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

I added a bunch of pictures and papers of TJ on my web site:

http://edweslystudio.com/MtHolympus/TJ/TJIndex.html

Requiescat in pace.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Sad news. I was planning to finally see him at St. Petersburg. For us he was a legend to be inspired in holography.
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

The eulogy I delivered at the TJ memorial is at: http://edweslystudio.com/MtHolympus/TJ/TJEULOGY.html
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

Thanks so much for sharing this, Ed! I did not have the privilege of meeting TJ in person, but now i know that I am young enough to call him TJ. Love the quotes, tells so much about him. It must have been a pleasure working with him - and simply knowing him personally.