holomaker

Happy Easter

Post by holomaker »

Who's gift ?
Dinesh

Happy Easter

Post by Dinesh »

holomaker wrote:Who's gift ?
That's "whose" gift, dammit! Don't no one speak English like wot I do no more?
Yeah, whose gift?
dannybee

Happy Easter

Post by dannybee »

dannybee wrote:What will you do with His gift?
the greatest gift was Himself for you...to you...so simple it will confound the wise

John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. {it will transform you life} Happy Easter.....to be friend with the one who...made it all... :D
dannybee

Happy Easter

Post by dannybee »

He Has RISEN!
Attachments
533551_10150737457652355_70630972354_9522520_2583689_n.jpg
533551_10150737457652355_70630972354_9522520_2583689_n.jpg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 3404 times
holomaker

Happy Easter

Post by holomaker »

Wrong place for this my friend.............

Sorry Dinesh for the poor spelling, but I think I got idea across. Happy Easter anyway ! :lol:
Dinesh

Happy Easter

Post by Dinesh »

holomaker wrote: Sorry Dinesh for the poor spelling, but I think I got idea across. Happy Easter anyway ! :lol:
I was joking, Dave. I know what you meant. I think we both got the idea across.
Happy Easter to you too, and all on the forum !
dannybee

Happy Easter

Post by dannybee »

holomaker wrote:Wrong place for this my friend.............

Sorry Dinesh for the poor spelling, but I think I got idea across. Happy Easter anyway ! :lol:
well i think if we are going to say (Happy Easter) we might as well say whats its all about :D He's the Big Holomaker ;)
...after easter A_K can delete this subject if he wants too :D
Dinesh

Happy Easter

Post by Dinesh »

So, Danny's post got me thinking:
The Book of Mark says (at least, my edition says, ch. 16, v. 19):
"So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."
There's nothing here about ascending, per se. He was simply "received", so he could just as easily simply vanished.

The Book of Luke says (ch 24, v. 51):
"And it came to pass, while he blessed, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven"
So, he was "carried", with no mechanism as to how he was "carried". But, I'll grant that this could be interpreted as an 'ascendancy'
None of the other synoptic books mentions anything regarding an ascendancy.

So, assume he actually ascended. In this case, we assume he must have been seen to ascend. How far does a human figure need to rise before loss of detail? Let's assume not as far as the lower cloud layer, approx 1464m from sea level. Let's therefore assume a quarter way up to the lower cloud level, which means he was seen as far as 366m approx. Let's assume that in order to be seen as he arose, he would be under observation for about a minute (Ground shaking, mind blowing events need to be observed for over a minute to attain meaning!). This means he arose 366m in 60 seconds, or roughly, 6m/s. Therefore:
2*g*h = (6)^2 => h = 1.8m
In other words, he would have risen about 6 feet and fallen back to earth.

So, OK, let's actually assume he went into orbit. Then we assume that he must have gone into an elliptical orbit. If the orbit was not elliptical, ie parabolic or hyperbolic, he ain't coming back! Then, the E formula for an elliptical orbit under the inverse square law of gravitation gives us:

E = -(GM)/(2*a)
where G is the gravitational constant, M tha mass of the sun and a the semi major axis of the ellipse.

Kepler's Third Law states:
(t)^2 = ((4*pi*pi)/MG)*a^3

Combining these, we get the initial energy of Christ's take-off and hence his initial velocity, as
(1/2)*m*(v^2) = (((GM)^0.66)/2)*((4*pi*pi)^0.333)/((t^2)^0.333) (Hope all the brackets are in place!)

Now, take the fact that he hasn't returned yet, which means the period of the orbit must be at least 2000 years, and that the average person weighing about 150 lbs has a mass of about 80kg. This now gives,
v = 0.000083 m/s.

So, his ascent was awfully slow! However, the important fact is that he could not have achieved escape velocity under either model. We therefore conclude that he must simply have been zapped (or zapped himself) into another dimension. We also therefore conclude that mark is more accurate, in that he was "received", ie simply vanished.
dannybee

Happy Easter

Post by dannybee »

I will let you worry about that... all I know is Hes alive and coming back :D