is the forum dying?

Topics not fitting anywhere else.
dannybee

is the forum dying?

Post by dannybee »

or is holography becoming a thing of the past?
Jem

is the forum dying?

Post by Jem »

I guess there's always less activity during the summer months. Too many other things needing attention whilst the weather's good ;)
rzeheb

is the forum dying?

Post by rzeheb »

I check the forum multiple times per day, though I rarely post. I certainly don't think the forum is dying. Maybe just taking a breather for a little while.
Tom B.

is the forum dying?

Post by Tom B. »

Maybe. The Forum in its various incarnations has endured several extinction level events but always a few cute little
holographers survive to burrow up through the rubble.

Thing of the past? No, holography is a thing of the future. Stereoscopic 3D can be OK on the rare occasions that it is well done,
but we need something like holography for truly immersive 3D. This will be the best we can do until we have direct brain input,
at which point things get really weird and we all have way too much fun in the virtual wank realm and the cats inherit the earth.
Or maybe dogs. Caged birds fare less well, presumably due to lack of easy access to the delicious flesh of their comatose owners.
holorefugee

is the forum dying?

Post by holorefugee »

I used to visit a few times a day and stir up conversations. If I could I would email people who would be interested in a thread. It worked to keep topics interesting and vibrant. I have a new book coming out so the last year I have been spending my computer time writing it. Sadly it is not about holography.