Introduction

Topics not fitting anywhere else.
Smartio

Introduction

Post by Smartio »

As i am new to this forum i thought to introduce myself as i will be sneaking around a little to read and maybe at 1 point in time building myself a setup.

My name is Mario Vermunt, 39 years of age, living in The Netherlands, living together with my wife and 2 children (1 and 2 year old) Studied Physics with an additional year in Optics.
Hobby's :Carp Fishing and breeding Chameleons.

Graduaded on the subject on Wavelength narrowing and Frequency stabilisation of a lineair CW Titanium Sapphire laser.(Spectra Physics)
My first employer was JDS Uniphase where i worked on semiconductor lasers with multiple spots(680 nm) some 635 nm and later on 980 pumplasers and 1310 and 1550 DWDM lasers. At 1 point in time we were closed down in the netherlands after transfer to silicon valley, i remember so many optics on the attic of our R&D department, laying around in boxes, really a pitty i didn't buy that stuff back then for a dime (which was actually possible). That would have really given me a good start with holography.
Currently i am working on X-ray imaging.

I ever missed to opportunity to buy a nice Lion hologram in my student time, as i was in a Holiday parc and a guy was selling them, though above my budget at that time, it though did fascinate me. Now as a working man i might afford a little more, if anyone knows any nice one for sale, i might be interested, please let me know.

Also i am wondering or there are any other members from around The Netherlands (Belgium, Germany)

Kind Regards,
Mario
Tom B.

Introduction

Post by Tom B. »

I remembered seeing Kris Meerlo on the old site, looked for him and found this list:

(Dutch holography links?) : http://www.koekjes.net/cgi-bin/gastenbo ... &start=130

Kris would be a good place to start. I expect he will be interested in your work and happy to provide some advice on your independent research (holography hobby) interests. His listed site seems nonfunctional but I'm sure there's a way to find him.
Johnfp

Introduction

Post by Johnfp »

Welcome to the forum.