Congrats to you and Joy Dinesh!
Jeffrey Weil

We've won an award!

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Congratulations Dinesh.
rzeheb

We've won an award!

Post by rzeheb »

That's great news Dinesh. Congratulations to you and Joy.
Dinesh

We've won an award!

Post by Dinesh »

Thanks, all.
Ed Wesly

We've won an award!

Post by Ed Wesly »

Once again, Wesly (and notice the correct spelling) must attack! Or actually defend, truth, justice, and the American way!

The link to Triple Take's blog above seemed conspicuously bereft of any external links to the awarding body. Googling San Marcos Award Program came up with only one hit, that of Triple Take's

Here is the content of a letter I sent to San Marcos Chamber of Commerce:

"To the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce: I am contacting you in the hope that you can clarify a situation. A person named Dinesh Padiyar, of Triple-Take Holographics, located in your town, had posted on a Holography Forum that his company had won an award: http://holoforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=636

Following that thread brings you to a link to his site: ‪http://www.triple-take.com/blog/

Here is his blog, cut and pasted into this letter for your convenience: “San Marcos Award Program Honors the Achievement SAN MARCOS October 15, 2012 — Triple-Take Holographics has been selected for the 2012 Best of San Marcos Award in the Art Design Services category by the San Marcos Award Program. Each year, the San Marcos Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the San Marcos area a great place to live, work and play. Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2012 San Marcos Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the San Marcos Award Program and data provided by third parties. About San Marcos Award Program The San Marcos Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the San Marcos area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value. The San Marcos Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.”

I am turning to you for verification of this award. This character, Dinesh, has been known to lie and slander people on the Holography Forum, for his own self-aggrandizement, and I am getting the feeling that he is hoaxing the Forum once again for his own undeserved self-esteem. What made me suspicious was that there was no link in his blog to newspaper articles that would have announced this award. Nor when I Googled “San Marcos Award Program” there was only one hit, his blog. It would seem to me that the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce would be the likely awarding body, but there looks like nothing like it on your web site. But if you were not awarding Best of San Marcos trophies, I would guess that you would know who was. Certainly there would be local newspaper articles that would list all the award winners, not just the Art Design Services. So I would appreciate hearing from you if you have any information that would either prove or disprove the existence of the award.

Thank you, Ed Wesly

Here is the reply I received, from Stephen Kildoo (Stephen@sanmarcoschamber.com) of the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce:

"Ed,

I have lived in San Marcos since 1964, have been active in the city in every possible way, from business to non-profit and community service, and I can say with certainty that I have never heard of the San Marcos Awards program. I would with no other information, assume they are not a legitimate business.

Steve"

Dinesh, send us a link, a copy of a newspaper article, whatever, showing that such a body does exist and you did indeed receive said award before you start attacking me again. The onus is upon you to prove that what you say is true.
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Dinesh

We've won an award!

Post by Dinesh »

Lordy! Lordy! Lordy! You actually wrote to the Chamber of Commerce! My god man, your hate must run deep!

I'm reminded of the Biblical injunction (Sorry Ed WESLY I didn't know you could actually spell):
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." Do you tinkle, by the way. Just curious.

So, this has what to do with John Pecora, exactly?

By the way, what exactly makes you think this was from the Chamber of Commerce? Oh, I forgot, you don't think.
Ed Wesly wrote:Or actually defend, truth, justice, and the American way!
By the way, also, I don't think that blind racist and warped hatred is the "American way". Perhaps an American can correct me if I'm wrong, but my perception of the American way is a little gentler than pure hatred. Oh, I forgot, you're protecting John Pecora. Hey John, your Knight in dark armour of hatred is standing by you. Thought you'd like to know!

Just a thought, do you actually go green when you think of me and then growl. Or do you just growl all the time (when you're not tinkling, that is). Just curious. This kind of makes sense, since you cannot growl and think at the same time,. Perhaps your thinking of growling. Oh, forgot, you don't think. Sorry, calm down, relax, take your hands off those red underpants. Carry on growling

Oh, did I mention we won an award?
Ed Wesly

We've won an award!

Post by Ed Wesly »

Yeah, you mentioned you won an award. But I don't believe you did win one.

Yes, I contacted your local chamber of commerce and they did not know of any San Marcos Awards Program. Then I simply Googled one of the lines from your blog, "Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the" and came up with this link:

https://dallastx.awardprogram.org/Press ... 1T-1N-TUB1

Anyone may follow that link, but here it is cut and pasted:

"Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Binzario Receives 2012 Dallas Award

Dallas Award Program Honors the Achievement

DALLAS July 25, 2012 -- Binzario has been selected for the 2012 Dallas Award in the Wedding & Bridal Services category by the Dallas Award Program.

Each year, the Dallas Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Dallas area a great place to live, work and play.

Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2012 Dallas Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Dallas Award Program and data provided by third parties.

About Dallas Award Program

The Dallas Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Dallas area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.

The Dallas Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.

SOURCE: Dallas Award Program

Dallas Award Program
Email: PublicRelations@awardprogram.org
URL: http://www.awardprogram.org"

Notice it is the exact same wording as Dinesh's Blog Award Announcement, except for the Dallas references and the awardees name. And it does include a link to the award program's web site, which Dinesh's blog does not.

So stop it with the character assassinations, you are caught once again with your pants down! You made up a hoax, unfortunately some people on this forum congratulated you, perhaps they should rescind those, and you should apologize to them, and the rest of this forum, for trying to pull a fast one on them!

Why I do this is not anything personal, for I have no feelings of love or hate or revulsion for you, but it is what I am trained to do. I critique, test, and give grades as part of my job. When I see something like your blog my bullshit detector starts blinking red, and I follow up on this, just like I follow up on suspected plagiarism, cheating, etc., in my classes.

Administrator, is it not time to eliminate this character from this Forum?
kaveh1000

We've won an award!

Post by kaveh1000 »

Certainly seems to be a dodgy auto-generated "award". But to be fair to Dinesh, it may be that someone else made the award and Dinesh assumed it was genuine.

Here are similar award winners:

http://bit.ly/VJ5bVO
Ed Wesly

We've won an award!

Post by Ed Wesly »

Well I'll be darned! I typed in sanmarcos.awardprogram.org and came up with a site!

So I asked them if they did award Dinesh:
Screen shot 2012-10-25 at 12.32.38 PM.png
So we shall see what happens!