Holowiki Resurection

Topics not fitting anywhere else.
Colin Kaminski

Holowiki Resurection

Post by Colin Kaminski »

John is resurrecting the holowiki here:

http://holoinfo.no-ip.biz/index.php/Main_Page

I hope everyone will help, There is lots of room for improvement over what I had done.

Soon I hope to have the holowiki.org URL pointing to it. Thank you to everyone who has offered hosting.
Colin Kaminski

Holowiki Resurection

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Ok, The wiki is running and getting better. I am building a new studio so In about a year I should be much more active. However I need to transfer the holowiki.org and holowiki.com domains. We need to build a static host for them. Ideas?
lobaz

Holowiki Resurection

Post by lobaz »

The only problem I see is the funding. What about a "Donate" button on the holowiki page and a paypal account? What is your estimate of the cost?
Petr
jsfisher

Holowiki Resurection

Post by jsfisher »

Colin Kaminski wrote:Ok, The wiki is running and getting better. I am building a new studio so In about a year I should be much more active. However I need to transfer the holowiki.org and holowiki.com domains. We need to build a static host for them. Ideas?
Currently, the Wiki is hosted on a residential connection using a toy DNS name. Not really good. Google is willing to index it (and we do moderately well on some search terms), but Bing won't touch it. I am committed to maintaining the Wiki, but it needs a "professional" home. Ahmet has agreed to provide such a home; however, these things take time. I cannot say if Ahmet simply needs encouragement, or his time is extremely limited.

In the interrim, there may be an "opportunity" with my employer (a university) to host the Wiki. I will explore that.

(If there is an issue with funding the domain renewals, I can handle that....)
World's worst holographer
jsfisher

Holowiki Resurection

Post by jsfisher »

Colin Kaminski wrote:Ok, The wiki is running and getting better. I am building a new studio so In about a year I should be much more active. However I need to transfer the holowiki.org and holowiki.com domains. We need to build a static host for them. Ideas?

I have good news. I will be relocating the wiki server next week to a more permanent location with a permanent, static IP address. More to follow.
World's worst holographer