Holography Contest 2012

Tony

Holography Contest 2012

Post by Tony »

I a bit confused by this as well. If Danny is running it then I think he should provide some regular updates, keep the troops motivated. If it isn't a contest rather an exhibition then cool. Right now it looks like the 2011contest ;)

If there is anyone out there who wants to exchange a few holograms for viewing I am more than willing. We can swap holos, view them for a few weeks then send them back. I would love the feedback as well as look at what others are doing. I also think a lot of diccussion would result from other folks feedback.

Some time ago, I traded Dinesh some holograms for a bottle of wine (I think I got the better end of that deal :D, the wine must be passed is lower intestine by now while my hologram live on ;) ) and it was fantastic. I got a lot of insight and understanding from looking at them. John recently and accidentally sent me one of his Vodka holograms, really great stuff. Holding a hologram in your hand (or displayed) is the only way to appreciate it.
dannybee

Holography Contest 2012

Post by dannybee »

jsfisher wrote:Has this thread died for lack of interest?
yes it seem like that :D
Just getting back on my feed i think im getting better begining to see light at the end of the fog, I have been taking Pravastation it had a side affect of •Fatigue -- up to 3.8 percent ...well if it makes me live longer I gess its ok :D
I like Tony's Idea until a new venue opens up... its sad that the MIT holography gallery in my understanding it may not happen "rummors about lighting issues"....Tony im open to any Idea....give me a call Tony :D
John Klayer

Holography Contest 2012

Post by John Klayer »

its sad that the MIT holography gallery in my understanding it may not happen Can you say more?
dannybee

Holography Contest 2012

Post by dannybee »

We would like to get something started here heading in that direction. Whether it is a contest or gallery…we cant make it happen without you! Please post your ideas and the part you would like to play in making it a reality
holomaker

Holography Contest 2012

Post by holomaker »

Yea Sure I’m Down with that ! Tony has the correct idea as a pass around. If you want the group of holograms to visit you for a month, you'll need to include one of your own. I’ve got at least two possible venues to display them here (in NY) and that’s not including the local library gallery ! If you would be interested in this (no judging or Prizes!), Please provide your thoughts on this ..............
Tony

Holography Contest 2012

Post by Tony »

I am good with it. I have a piece already picked out.
It would be interesting to see how many folks will do this.
holomaker

Holography Contest 2012

Post by holomaker »

Im not sure it will work Tony, as its seems pretty quiet lately ................ who's onboard to do this ? A show of hands please !
Dinesh

Holography Contest 2012

Post by Dinesh »

We have a whole bunch of 4x5 dcg's, some of which I can throw your way if this takes off.

There have been several attempts to have a "roving show". I remember Joy suggested this to Kaveh some 5 years ago. The problem then, as now, is that people may not want to send their best holograms in case of loss or damage and the so-so or worse holograms may not impress the public too much. Also, very few, if any, seem to be actually making holograms. The "gallery" section is full of experimental stuff, but nothing that can be shown to the general public in a library.
Ed Wesly

Holography Contest 2012

Post by Ed Wesly »

Count me in, as my holographic candy for the eyes got rejected for the MIT art show! I must have jinxed myself by adding that link a while ago to my submissions!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Tony

Holography Contest 2012

Post by Tony »

Ed Wesly wrote:as my holographic candy for the eyes got rejected for the MIT art show!
Sorry to change the subject but what happened with the MTI show? Did it happen, did anyone attend? Are there photos out there?