2011 holography contest ?

holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Well this will be great to see this happen again! I would like to see an online contest as well gallery showing that could be shipped from place to place with the elegability to whomever sent in a hologram. Just a thought, anyone else got an idea or two?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Hey Dave,
I would be interested in submitting a piece.
I like the idea of fellow holographers judging the entries.
I also think it would be great in shipping the pieces around to fellow members so they can be appreciated.

If there are enough people we can detail how judging can be done.
holorefugee

Post by holorefugee »

What are the goals?
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

As far as i know Danny has the ball so i guess its his rules we'll go by? my ideal contest would involve a small entry fee to help w/shipping costs, and the entrant will be allowed to judge all holograms (except your own), this way the entrant/judge can do their decision making by any means, by display to local friends,or self viewing in ones own home the decision would be yours, each entrant would get the holograms for a month ,then at the end we send them all back, this would require all holograms "display ready" and frame only no built in lighting involved or abstract displays..........who would be interested in doing this ? please respond if you think you WOULD submit a hologram.

categories?
10 mw or less
10 mw or more
small 4x5 or less
larger than 4x5
Kiffdino

Post by Kiffdino »

I would take part, for sure !
awerby

Post by awerby »

I'm all for a holography show, but paying to have my holograms shipped hither and yon sounds silly. Why don't we find a place to do it, and just pay to have our holograms shipped there and back? I don't see why an entry fee would be necessary - those are a big turn-off to working artists, and tend to select for people with more money than talent.

Andrew Werby
juxtamorph.com
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

awerby wrote:I'm all for a holography show, but paying to have my holograms shipped hither and yon sounds silly. Why don't we find a place to do it, and just pay to have our holograms shipped there and back? I don't see why an entry fee would be necessary - those are a big turn-off to working artists, and tend to select for people with more money than talent.

Andrew Werby
juxtamorph.com

ok then how would you expect to ship a bunch of glass mounted holograms?

my thought here is to be sure you get the display delivered safely to your door step with out it costing you an arm and leg!
I know for myself i would like to get the hologram grouping here and will get displayed locally, then Danny ,Tony would want it on the west coast (and im hoping others as well), its kind of a small price to pay to have your art/name displayed coast to coast ?
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

holomaker wrote:its kind of a small price to pay to have your art/name displayed coast to coast ?
And across the pond also ? :mrgreen:
cro2laser

Post by cro2laser »

I'd be interested. I made some junky holograms back in the 80s. My son and I made two recently as part of a holo workshop by Frank D. This would be great incentive to make another. Now that my sandbox is almost finished.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

cro2laser wrote:I'd be interested. This would be great incentive to make another. Now that my sandbox is almost finished.
that is great news! can you post us a picture of your table ? where are you located, near frank?