Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Hey Dave,
Anything going on??
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Very sorry for the delay here, I chased down the art department chairman of my school district to ask WTF was up (no call backs)and as I suspected the photo club was pretty much wrapped up for the school year and cant wait to see what I can offer them in the fall for next year! so kind of back to square one,I have some hologuests coming in early August and was hoping to have a lil get-together and display then...........are you guys ok with the wait till then? ill have some others come to view them as well ?(in the mean time ill shoot and catalog the display as well as post each holo as I go thru them? is that ok?
jsfisher

The Non Contest

Post by jsfisher »

August works for me. One question, though: Will there be beer? :D
World's worst holographer
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Oh sure Dave I have no problem.
Was hoping to get your feedback and comments on what you thought.

If there is time and another forum member who wants to view these I imagine it's OK by me. Perhaps Dave can send it out to another location (but given the expense, that would be totally up to him) Anything to spark interest from what is otherwise a pretty dead forum these days.....
dannybee

The Non Contest

Post by dannybee »

I got a chance to do a holography display and talk at this summer at "Super Science & Math Camp" I got a whole room for a display and live Demonstration..... I did it last year and it was very well recived... the dates are 7/22 to 7/26 .. would be honored to display you work for Visalia to see :D ... then i could drive the collection over to you Tony
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

Anything to spark interest from what is otherwise a pretty dead forum these days.....
Let's hope the deadness is from everyone working in their labs so hard they don't have time to come up for air, like me!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Yes that must be it Ed....

Hey Danny that would be fine with me, but really it is up to Dave as to when his exhibit is over. One idea was that if whoever was willing to give up their holo's can be donated to a permanent exhibit. Just tossing ideas, keep them coming!
dannybee

The Non Contest

Post by dannybee »

Tony DCG wrote:Yes that must be it Ed....

Hey Danny that would be fine with me, but really it is up to Dave as to when his exhibit is over. One idea was that if whoever was willing to give up their holo's can be donated to a permanent exhibit. Just tossing ideas, keep them coming!
I think thats a nice idea (holo's can be donated to a permanent exhibit) but think if something happens to desolve the permanent exhibit the holograms should go back to the one who donated them... :D .. I have 3 big holograms 2'x3' 2 trans and one reflection that would be good to travel
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

Your wish is my command! I finally posted the images I took of the box way the heck back in February on my web site, download them at: nlutie.com/ewesly/HoloForumBox2013.ppt

I am sorry that I did not include all the stuff! For whatever reason, these are the only pictures I took. Must have been a time management issue, or I might find the rest of them on some hard drive somewhere. My apologies to Konrad and Mark, please don't take it personally!

They are in the lowest common denominator PowerPoint format, .ppt, so most anyone can open them and feel free to edit them however you wish for your personal pleasure.

The files were test downloaded in Safari and Firefox running on my workplace's Mac, if there are any problems please let me know and I shall see what I can do (which might not be much).

Enjoy!

PS: For some reason, the forum is not converting the url to a hyperlink, so you might have to cut and paste the link in your browser. Also, while you are there, enjoy the rest of my site, even on the grad school side, as there are some funny things there! Surprised me that I got straight A's from National-Louis!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
lobaz

The Non Contest

Post by lobaz »

Thanks for posting, Ed.
Petr