The Non Contest

Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

How many people are involved with this pass around?

Just to throw a monkey wrench of sorts into the schedule; it would be great to have the holos arrive in Chicago by the weekend of February 8, 9, 10. This is because Hans Bjelkhagen will be vacationing chez moi after Photonics West, and I usually host a get-together with the local bunch of scurvy knaves, including TJ, at the Home + Studio. So it would be great for them to arrive here for maximum viewing!

If the package is not too big, Hans might even be able to courier it to Chi-town. And maybe if we ask him pretty please, they might be able to go to Europe with him! The problem is firstly, I haven't checked with him about it, and if they did go over (Holo M, are you listening?) how to get them back, but anyhow, just throwing out some thoughts. So how does that sound?
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Well since I haven't recieved any PMs back on sending a hologram I am guessing the air may have gone out of this balloon.
For now let's put this on hold and we can poll again in January after the holidays. If there is interest we can shoot for a February pass around.
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

Oh, man! I have my contribution boxed up and ready to send today! Should I anyway?

I didn't PM because I was busy finishing up something, plus I was going to be a few days past the deadline (= loss of face). Well, I guess I am not the only one!
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

I would hold off Ed until we get another show of hands.
Perhaps early January.
Thanks for letting me know!
T
John Klayer

The Non Contest

Post by John Klayer »

I would have been a bit late too. I thought I had it about ready to send off then the laser in my display went south. The replacement isn't working like it should but tinkering is fun.
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Sorry Tony, I too am running a bit late ............with all the darn repairs going on around here, I’m having difficulty getting time on the holo-table. I am hoping to get something done before the New Year arrives.
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

No worries all.
Let take a straw poll at the beginning of the year and see if everyone is ready. I got mine ready, it's pretty cool.
Have a great holiday all.
T
ron olson

The Non Contest

Post by ron olson »

Sorry about the delay - I 'm away a lot these days and mercifully out of touch.
I can have a transmission and a reflection in a box by January 10th.
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Thanks Ron,
Before you do.....
Can we see a show of hands one more time and see who is still in?
Ed is there a timeline that works best for you regarding the visit from Hans?
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

I am still in the game. When and where should we send the stuff?

Hans is flying in to Chicago on February 7th. If the stuff could be in his hands before then, like at the Holography Working Group meeting, that would be great!

The question is how much stuff will there be? Will it fit in his luggage?