The Non Contest

holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Tony DCG wrote:Well we don't have 10 but I guess 6 will do.
If we all agree let's say by November 1st would be the target day to send out the holograms.
I will PM each of the participates with my address
Perhaps we can pick a few more folks on the way.
Should be fun
Tony

thats too soon for me, i want to make new stuff.............whats the rush?

I would like to to get them for at least a month as well so i can set up a local public display
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

No worries Dave, just throwing it out there.
Suggestion?
HoloM

The Non Contest

Post by HoloM »

What Happens with the Holograms in the end? It would be cool if one throws two in, to get two others back. Then I would be interested, too. I am also not on Facebook.
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

HoloM wrote:What Happens with the Holograms in the end? It would be cool if one throws two in, to get two others back. Then I would be interested, too. I am also not on Facebook.
All holograms would go back home if requested.
Thanks HoloM, add one more to the list

Any suggestions on submission date?
HoloM

The Non Contest

Post by HoloM »

As I see am I the only one in Europe. Then it would be better not to take part, as costs are too high for shipping it overseas.
And if there isn't the benefit of getting other holograms back, please don't take me one the list. I don't want to raise the costs for one of you to have it shipped overseas.

I think the concept would be more interesting if it is made in some sort of world wide trade. I mean "put one in, take one out".
But I donT know how to organize this in an efficient way. Just an idea.
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

HoloM wrote:As I see am I the only one in Europe. Then it would be better not to take part, as costs are too high for shipping it overseas.
And if there isn't the benefit of getting other holograms back, please don't take me one the list. I don't want to raise the costs for one of you to have it shipped overseas.

I think the concept would be more interesting if it is made in some sort of world wide trade. I mean "put one in, take one out".
But I donT know how to organize this in an efficient way. Just an idea.
I dont think its out of the question to ship it over seas, no doubt it will cost to ship it anyway, it costs $16 to ship a 4Lb package to Croaita. If all the holograms were framed minimally (to pack easily), i could see it happen. with out even trying im sure there are others over there that would like to display it. Yes time to think worldwide about this ........

On the other hand if your hologram has toured the world, you may want to hold onto that famous hologram, and not give it up !

I like the idea of Dec1st as a subbmision date (gives us time in the lab during Thanksgiving weekend).
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

I agree with Dave, HoloM, I think we can make it work. I don't mind forking out a few dollars to send it out. Also we can call it an international program:) I hope you reconsider.

The exchange idea is interesting but then you have several disadvantages. One is equal value, if I stick in an 8x10 DCG and is replaced with a kitty kat sticker I would be a bit pissed. Also the idea is to allow everyone to look at holograms in the comfort of their own home and be able to comment on it. The hope is that it betters everyone. Lastly, Dave may be able to display at some location them and allow others to enjoy them as well. Last time there was some press on it which was great in promoting holography.

Two more things

If there is no objections I think Dave’s suggestion of Dec 1 is good. This means send your holo out 12/1/12. I will PM you before then with my address. I will also post the schedule for all to see

I have not posted this on Facebook since there seems to be some hesitation to do so. I guess that’s fine.

I also wonder why so many long standing members of this forum would choose not to participate. Of course your choice no problem but would not mind knowing why. If you are so incline to say it might help in determining what works and what doesn't. We often talk about promoting the medium, I wonder why we wouldn’t do something about it. Just curious.
John Klayer

The Non Contest

Post by John Klayer »

Is the non contest still on? Where do I send my holo to?
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

So sorry guys, been extremly busy this last week.
Please let me send out a PM tomorrow morning and get this started.
I will include my address.
Again sorry for dropping the ball!
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

OK Guys,The PMs are sent out.
If anyone else is interested it's not too late. Let's see what happens here;)

Once I get the holograms, I will package them up, then post the schedule. I am thinking second week of December they will go out to some lucky person. Right now I'm also thinking a week should be enough time for each memeber to look them over. Let me know if the holiday time might interfere with your schedule.
Since there is not a lot of us it should not take long to get them to your town.
Dave if you have something planned for these for display let me know so I can set you up last.

Thanks,
Tony