The Non Contest

Holomark

The Non Contest

Post by Holomark »

I am glad you found them (and my name is cleared).
Please report back on the show. I wish I could attend.
Mark
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Ed Wesly's Achromat hologram 2013
Ed Wesly's Achromat hologram 2013
Ed'sHolo.JPG (46.48 KiB) Viewed 12067 times
Heres Ed's hologram i framed up a couple and will hand these out to a select lucky few at the opening of the Holo-enter!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Hey Dave,
Thanks for the update.
Can't wait to hear comments!!
Tony
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

Sounds like business as unusual in the 3 Stooge like world of holography we inhabit! The supply of freebies probably needed to be replenished anyhow.

Thanks for the plug showing the holo! Good idea to frame it flat!

If anyone else is interested in some of the skulls and gratings, PM me c/o this forum.
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Can I be Curly this time? 8-)

Mind you not that dumb a** Curly Joe who they tried to bring in later in the series......

Good cultural reference there Ed
John Klayer

The Non Contest

Post by John Klayer »

Can I be Larry?
Dave, can't you at least post the comments you got from the SUNY display?
John Klayer

The Non Contest

Post by John Klayer »

Dave,

Why, why, why, why, why are you not responding?
Holomark

The Non Contest

Post by Holomark »

Dave - Any update???

Well, since we are not getting any feedback . . . I think it is time that the holograms return to their respective homes.
John Klayer

The Non Contest

Post by John Klayer »

Dave,
How about in the joy of Christmas you quit being a jerk and post something?
We will forgive you for being a jerk if you POST SOMETHING!
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

I am afraid that I have to pipe in, too, being the “ol’ schoolmarm” type; the school I work at has a “NO LATE WORK” policy, and I had to enforce that for the benefit of kids learning the hard way. Plus if it was late I didn’t have to grade it. (Usually I gave a special papal dispensation, but not always!)

Sometimes I get buried with stuff and don’t come up for air, like I have been thinking of posting, “hey, let’s do this again!” for months now. Because it’s a lot of fun, and every year our dear friend Hans Bjelkhagen comes to the Home + Studio for a week or so, and I host a party for the local holographers, plus last year we had folk from Indiana and Florida! This was the first stop after Tony’s assembling the big box. Heads up: this year’s event will be February 9th, the Sunday after Photonics West, which is why Hans is in the states.

Now this makes me, plus a lot of others, reluctant to participate from now on. My stuff was giveaways, but if I had contributed something more substantial like the frames with built-in lights of Tony and even more elaborate “Cave in a Box” with the laser I would be getting very antsy. Besides, no one else is getting to see them!

Not unlike photography, the discipline I teach in, holography is a very word of mouth and reputation-based industry. If I can’t get it together and lose a project or client, that’s one thing, but to hang on to other peoples’ stuff is definitely not cool.

Please Dave do something!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols