The Non Contest

Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

I am so sorry to those who put in the time and effort for the past around only to end this way.
Dave of all people seemed the least likely to drop the ball but I am hopeful that there is some reason why he has not answered any of our emails facebook or forum messages.
I guess it was a good try to bring holographers together and if asked I would do it again. I have some cool stuff to show one day.

I am going to try to get a hold of Danny who I think still talks to Dave and see if he can get a hold of him.

Good luck all and happy holidays!
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Dave sent me a meassage via facebook some days ago.
Dave has been challeged by personal issues and was not able to follow up regarding the pass around.
Those of us who have known Dave know him as a stand up guy and a key member of the fourm and I know it is hard for him not to be involved in holography at this time.
He said he will post as soon as he is able and provide a status on what is going on.
I'll look forward to seeing Dave talk holography again soon.
jsfisher

The Non Contest

Post by jsfisher »

** bump **
World's worst holographer
142laser

The Non Contest

Post by 142laser »

Hi Everyone,
The Facebook group page may now have more viewers than this forum. Perhaps there would be enough interest there to have a real contest? If there is a real contest I would offer up a prize or two.

Just an idea. :)
dannybee

The Non Contest

Post by dannybee »

yes it does look like facebook is replacing the forum, but on facebook they never talk tec.. it just show and tell :D
Holomark

The Non Contest

Post by Holomark »

Dannybee,
Agree - this is the place to have actual discussions and information (as well as the Holowiki) - Facebook seems more social. I certainly hope both can coexist.

As to a new contest - But for a bit of a sour taste in my mouth from the non-contest (passaround), I would like to participate. I suppose I could shoot for a "most improved" award of some kind...
The real benefit to me of such a contest is being able to see, in person, holograms made by much more experienced holographers. It was nice to be able to see some examples (show my wife) why I have taken over the office and one bathroom at our house. (Now if Dave would just return holograms from the non-contest, I would be a resounding "yes".
Mark
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

I know it has been a bit of a let down that the pass around was not as successful as we all might have liked . I honestly think that the events that occured regarding Dave was not intentional and to me understandable.

It also does not help that lack of forum members that prevents these sort of things to be more dynamic. But I am in favor of any program that allows people to see other forum members works. The gallery is nice but personally I don't like to post on it because photos rarely do justice. Holograms are after all 3D and need to be interacted with. I also really appreciate and like the feedback from the gurus. Ed was able to make some careful observations on my holograms which I really need from time to time.

I hope you all don't give up this concept of exchanging holograms for those of us who love looking at them. If anyone wishes a contest, passaround or a hologram trade I am in. I also think the event Dinesh and Joy are doing is fantasic. I hope we do not go the way of the dodos.....

Now on Facebook Dave has posted that some pass around holograms that are at the Holo-center in Long Island. I hope Dave will come back to the forum and report of what is going on there.

Peace
Tony
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Yes Yes, its true Tony I was able to get a portion of these holograms on display, but lets hold off on these details for a bit. I need to apologies to the group as a whole for basically dropping out of site, or more like into one of the holes John Klayer loves to venture into ……….. I needed some time to prioritize the important things in my life, (never abandoning holography) and now have seemed to crawl out of that hole. So again , let me apologize!
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

The Holocenter closing party, many eyes saw these holograms that night

https://www.facebook.com/events/447617878705296/
Attachments
holo display @ holocenter
holo display @ holocenter
holoclosing.jpg (32.2 KiB) Viewed 22952 times
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

more craziness at the holo-center that night ............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tXIc6T9tw