Archives ready for download

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
a_k

Post by a_k »

I know that the attachements / bbcode tags were not followed. What you can see on the test pages is what is in the compressed files: The texts of all posts in a compact and easy to navigate form. That's all i can offer at the moment and in the near future. If you feel like improving the parsing of the data or adding a search function, be my guest. I don't have enough spare time to burn at present. Sorry.

Ahmet
holorefugee

Post by holorefugee »

Please don't mistake my desire as a complaint! The scripts you have made have improved the data set greatly. Adding Dinish's posts is a great addition to the forum as well as all of your other work. I am just trying to get a handle on where the conversion script is at.

I don't have a lot of sql scripting experience but I think I can fix the photos and the youtube if I may have access to the original script and dataset. Please email me or pm me if that would be OK.

The quotes look great now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
a_k

Post by a_k »

The first site to host the archives is the holowiki. Thanks, Colin.
jsfisher

Post by jsfisher »

I hadn't looked at the archives since 11 May 2013 until just today. The May archive was somewhere between 30 and 40 megabytes. The archives for 01 January 2014 and 02 January 2014 are 1,000-times smaller.

I think the archiving script may have become damaged somewhere along the way, now building the .tgz file with only the Javascript shell and none of the content. If that gets repaired, I'll see what I can do about hosting the archives on the resurrected Holowiki.
World's worst holographer
a_k

Post by a_k »

I'll look into the problem and post a new link on the first page of the thread.