Hate Speech

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
Dinesh

Hate Speech

Post by Dinesh »

Ahmet, can we please have a section where hate speech is relegated, so the rest of the forum doesn't have to listen to Ed's spouting his well known hatred of me? Everyone knows he hates me. I cannot elicit a reason for this, but several holographers I know seem to take it for granted. If the reason is blatant racism (I can think of no other reason), then perhaps we need to isolate it lest the whole community gets swallowed up in this racist barrage of Ed Wesley!

I'd like the opinion of other holographers vis a vis this constant barrage of hatred thinly disguised as knowledge and blandly justified as the prattlings of a teacher along with the constant use of Hans Bjelkhagen's name.

I do believe that racism and hate mongering is illegal in some countries and I can't believe that Hans is a party to this.

I'd also like to add that if either Ed Wesley or Hans Bjelkhagen has any issue with any derivation of mine, they can simply and professionally state the issue (if they're capable) without the vituperative and hate filled way that Ed actually expresses himself. I stand by my degrees in Mathematical Physics and Quantum Electronics given to me by the University of London, who I hope, have a more nuanced outlook and a sense of judgments as to whom to defer a degree on, rather than, as Ed suggest, giving me these degrees to "shut my mouth" .

I believe, and the community will I hope support me, that I have given a great deal of useful knowledge to the community instead of constantly berating one specific individual on the basis of being a "teacher".

This sort of hateful behaviour does not put forward the best face of holography, but appears to condone racism, vile language and vituperative insulting language.
Dinesh

Hate Speech

Post by Dinesh »

One other thing I'd like to say. A point was brought up. I gave a technical discussion based on established coherence theory. I was attacked in a pernicious and demeaning way by a hateful diatribe from someone who apparently has no actual qualifications in that area from an accredited university. However, this person uses the name of Hans Bjelkhagen, a professor in Optic. I am forced to seriously think of writing a letter to Optic complaining of the perniciopus and obvious hate and racist speech being made in his name.

Also, Ahmet, I know this forum has had it's legal problems. However, everything that Ed has written is clearly character assassination and libel. I may be forced to have my lawyer look at these posts and determine whether or no Mr Wesley has the qualifications from an accredited university to harangue and harass me every time I make a statement based on established knowledge and a degree from the University of London as opposed to whatever degree Mr Wesley has obtained.

I would like to have a definite statement that any conversations with Mr Wesley take place in a refined and academic environment, as opposed to hate speech, referrals to Hans Bjelkahagen and snippets gleaned from the Internet, from which he shows no evidence that he has a basic understanding. Included in this are statements such as "shut your mouth"

While I deplore the necessity of this, I am forced into this because I have no intention of backing down from a clear and obvious racism. I can only justify my position in the light of the famous statement by Pastor Niemoller in the powerful statement that should stand as a beacon against the like of Mr Wesley:

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I have no intention of keeping silent!
Ed Wesly

Hate Speech

Post by Ed Wesly »

There is no hate speech here, although once in a while I do give a damning comment.

I mentioned in the threads that there is nothing personal going on. I am doing my job as a teacher and contributor to this forum to set the record straight. Dinesh does not get the facts stright and obfuscates thing with invoking math that is not relevant.

Is this forum willing to give Dinesh the Triple Crown? Meaning that this would be the 3rd holography forum he would be banned from? (first Colin's for "editing" it, the deFreitas's for similar actions to this one, and now this malarkey?)
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
dannybee

Hate Speech

Post by dannybee »

Ed Wesly wrote:There is no hate speech here, although once in a while I do give a damning comment.

I mentioned in the threads that there is nothing personal going on. I am doing my job as a teacher and contributor to this forum to set the record straight. Dinesh does not get the facts stright and obfuscates thing with invoking math that is not relevant.

Is this forum willing to give Dinesh the Triple Crown? Meaning that this would be the 3rd holography forum he would be banned from? (first Colin's for "editing" it, the deFreitas's for similar actions to this one, and now this malarkey?)
At times Ed you do need to check your heart before you post, and control your temper before you post... It does look like you both stir up each other..but I would think with your teaching & still as a teacher you would hold more self control... Love ya Ed but I think your both at fault
Dinesh

Hate Speech

Post by Dinesh »

Ed Wesley:
"BTW, how does Joy take your exposure readings?"

i42laser
"Hahahahah good one Ed! :)"

I hope that these postings are noted for their level of sleaze. At one time, Ahmet, you banned someone for suggesting that they wanted to have sex with Jeff Weil's children. I hope you treat these lewd remarks in the same way. At least, I hope some comment is made on an official basis that comment such as these are not appropriate. This forum was designed for the discussion of holography, not as a platform for hate speech and lewd remarks. The above comment has nothing to do with "accuracy" and everything to do blatant insult and racist commentary, not excluding the blatant and inherent insult to women here on this forum. Frankly I'm quite outraged that such comments are allowed!
Dinesh

Hate Speech

Post by Dinesh »

dannybee wrote:Love ya Ed but I think your both at fault
Hey Danny, after the above comments regarding my wife, you still think we're both at fault?

I don't understand how everyone, including Ahmet, can allow hate speech, speech demeaning to women, personal ad hominem attacks and snide remarks to pass unchallenged; even to be relished by some like Mr 142laser. None of this has anything to do with holography or "accuracy". It's just personal attacks inherently supported by this forum and caused by a fear and loathing of mathematics. I suppose we've now come to think of Mr Wesley as just a "good ol' boy", which is quite shocking! What price education when this sort of thing is so lauded!
dannybee

Hate Speech

Post by dannybee »

Dinesh wrote:
dannybee wrote:Love ya Ed but I think your both at fault
Hey Danny, after the above comments regarding my wife, you still think we're both at fault?

I don't understand how everyone, including Ahmet, can allow hate speech, speech demeaning to women, personal ad hominem attacks and snide remarks to pass unchallenged; even to be relished by some like Mr 142laser. None of this has anything to do with holography or "accuracy". It's just personal attacks inherently supported by this forum and caused by a fear and loathing of mathematics. I suppose we've now come to think of Mr Wesley as just a "good ol' boy", which is quite shocking! What price education when this sort of thing is so lauded!
No that was very uncalled for By Ed and shows his imaturity and lacking in his skills as a teacher, most of the stuff I see at Ed's site is old school... but I would think the better man would step above this! Yes His comments do show whats in his heart! both of you need to kiss and makeup :D
holorefugee

Hate Speech

Post by holorefugee »

Please remember that Ahmet is not our servent we are his...
a_k

Hate Speech

Post by a_k »

The forum is for free discussion of holography. Ed, Dinesh, aggressive behaviour is not welcome here. Please take your personal disputes to somewhere else.

Ahmet
Gall

Hate Speech

Post by Gall »

My suggestions.

I moderated a large Russian forum at once. We have had the following rules:

1. Agression is prohibited.
2. Anything that is (or looks like it is) illegal is prohibited.
3. Mat is prohibited.
4. Advertisement is permitted only on specialized forum boards (like "marketplace"), prohibited on others (with exception for some specialized personal activities).
5. Any violation results in issuing a Warning. The topic should be either closed or split into "normal" and "junk" (with "junk" closed).
6. Three Warnings = temporary Ban (from one week to one year). All Warnings are annulated after some period of time (usually one month).
7. If a violent activity continues immediately after receiving a Warning, a one-day to one-week Ban follows.
8. Registering a new account to overcome a Ban results in a Permanent IP Ban.
9. Any bot activity results in immediate IP ban. If the bot is identified as associated with some user, the user receives a Warning.
10. All known anonymous proxies have read-only access.

In case of any further problems with non-tolerant and non-academic behaviour of someone I suggest to enforce similar rules on this forum.

For this forum, I think we need something like that in the rules:

* Any information posted on this forum is counted as publicly disclosed. By posting on the forum you agree that the information you're posting will be available to anyone and cannot be removed. The user is solely responsible not to disclose any information that is (but not limited to) secret, commercial or patented in his/her post. The board administration is NOT responsible for any disclosure of any kind of such information made by board users.