posting more then a seen paragraph

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

Does anyone haee a problem that if they post more than can be seen in a single post box, that when you continue to post, the sentence appears with every type but disappears at the end of every letter depression type? Very annoying. Got to trust my typing and the proof read sent after I an done and can scroll down.
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Hi John,

Yes, the same thing happens to me. And, I agree, it's very annoying. I suppose one solution would be to type your comments in something like microsoft Word and then cut and past it into the dialogue box.

Ron
a_k

Post by a_k »

Are you saying that the automatic line wrap is not working properly or are you talking about the vertical scrolling when the editor box is full?

The normal behaviour is:
- When you type more than fits horizontally, the last word entered gets wrapped and appears at the beginning of the next line.

- When the box is full, the first line is scrolled up and the newest line appears at the bottom and there is a scrollbar at the right side.

Which browser / operating system are you using? I've checked Firefox 3.6.10, Firefox 7.0.1 and Konqueror 4.3.2(Linux) and the line wrap and vertical scrolling are working properly here.
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

It was that when the box is full and it should move down to the next line (the second part you describe) that it would only display the line I was typing for an instant when I hit the letter and then it would go immediately to diplaying the top and the line I was typing would be hidden below the box. I tested it again and it does not seem to be happening at this time. I will let you know if it happens again.