Forum server down

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
a_k

Forum server down

Post by a_k »

Hello everyone,

The forum server was down from 13/Nov/2011:23:57:36 until 14/Nov/2011:14:21:30 CET. The machine has been fixed and is up again. Sorry for the unscheduled interruption of service.

Ahmet
jsfisher

Forum server down

Post by jsfisher »

No reason to apologize. You are doing a wonderful job -- occasional blips will happen.
World's worst holographer
a_k

Forum server down

Post by a_k »

Hello everyone,

We had internet connectivity loss today. Very sorry about that. The connection is still unstable and there might be further interruptions. A new machine and location for the forum are being prepared and the server will be moved once everything is ready.

Ahmet
holomaker

Forum server down

Post by holomaker »

Hi Ahmet, the Forum was down for a couple days, and reason for this ? hope all is well .........................
a_k

Forum server down

Post by a_k »

Hello everyone,

There was connectivity loss of the server.

I already had prepared a new machine for the server at a new location and have been testing it for the last few weeks. Before i was able to switch to the new machine it showed symptoms of a failing harddisk.

The situation at the moment is that the machine is still at the old location and the new server is being fixed. I hope that the server gets moved shortly and that the connectivity problems will be resolved.

Very sorry for the trouble i have caused all of you.

Ahmet
John Klayer

Forum server down

Post by John Klayer »

Glad the Holoforum is back!
Ed Wesly

Forum server down

Post by Ed Wesly »

Yay!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
a_k

Forum server down

Post by a_k »

Hello everyone,

There was an involuntary downtime of the forum from Aug 23 - Sep 5. After examining the causes for this failure i'll inform you in detail.

Ahmet