3D

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
dannybee

3D

Post by dannybee »

Was thinking what if we had a 3d section on the forum, one it would help many that are making their own dyi integrals systems and it would bring fresh new people to this forum and new ideas that would be applied to holography..As a photography Teacher I have been doing a lot in 3D photography and video and just started the learn from 123d.com building wire frame made from a series of photos or video for use in a multiplex system (integrals holography) also been doing a lot of shooting for lenticulars,, and been thinking of a holographic lenticulars white light camera to make it easy to take 3d photos and make holograms out of them..3d optics and displays and 3d photography and video, and from that to 3d wire frame &or photos and holography is becoming so closely linked,.so What I'm saying here maybe we really need to thing about expanding our horizons.... :idea:
favalora

3D

Post by favalora »

Yes, that sounds like a good idea to me. I had been considering starting a forum for autostereoscopic display. Rather than doing that, perhaps we could build on the momentum and great management of Holoforum by doing as you suggest: add a topic here for non-holographic display. (Of course, it would be understandable if the owner did not agree, because it is a little bit of a departure from the aims of the group.)

Also there is a good LinkedIn group, but it collects messages about new technologies and products, and not experimental methods.

g
dannybee

3D

Post by dannybee »

favalora wrote:Yes, that sounds like a good idea to me. I had been considering starting a forum for autostereoscopic display. Rather than doing that, perhaps we could build on the momentum and great management of Holoforum by doing as you suggest: add a topic here for non-holographic display. (Of course, it would be understandable if the owner did not agree, because it is a little bit of a departure from the aims of the group.)

Also there is a good LinkedIn group, but it collects messages about new technologies and products, and not experimental methods.

g
a marriage of the 2 would be great...I think its is already happening behind scenes...but now the info is more available to the public now.. and need to be applied and talked about :D
Dinesh

3D

Post by Dinesh »

It sounds like a good idea. I think we need to expand our horizons beyond traditional holography and recognise the fact that 3D and holography are getting closer together. As the world of 3D continues to expand, holography can either be left behind or it has to accept the fact that it's part of a larger world of 3D and incorporate technologies of 3D in order to evolve.
kyodai

3D

Post by kyodai »

I agree with the idea. Although computer aided Holography is still far beyond analog one regarding resolution and autostereoscopic 3D is still in it's childhood it already is interesting to discuss. I have been experimenting a bit with autostereoscopic systems myself, i own several 8-view 3D screens. Even though the resolution is still a million times beyond analog holography the possibilities are stunning. I think computer generated 3D and holography can replace analog works as much as raytracing can replace photography (hehe!) but still very interesting field of research.

8-View (Or 24-View if you have the screen) 3D is already pretty stunning, basically a bit like an 8 frame multiplexed hologram. Give us more views and higher res and we are finally close to holographic movies like we dreamed about them in the 80s when holography was still new and hip (Did anyone else predict we'll have holographic pocket cameras in the 2000s? XD).