Russian forum / archiv

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
a_k

Russian forum / archiv

Post by a_k »

Hello everyone,

As a result of the correspondence with Colin and with russian members of the previous forum these fora have been created:

-russian forum
-associated english version of it
-forum for archived postings

The joining of the russian forum with the holographyforum many years ago was benefitial to both groups. Our russian members' participation was a great enrichment to the forum. Their knowledge and experience in holography related subjects is tremendous and we are lucky to have them amongst us.

Unfortunately the russian and english speaking members were quite isolated from each other, with each group talking to themselves mainly. It is a pitty, since there are so many common subjects to talk about and so many experiences to share with each other.

The russian section on the previous forum was always very mysterious to me. Knowing of all the interesting discussions going on there, i had a strong interest in following the discussions. I have tried that many times, with Babblefish etc. but had to give up every time. Just looking at the images and diagrams and trying to decipher them was not very succesful or satisfying either.

So what could we do to improve the dialogue between the two groups? What i would like to try is this: There is a russian forum and an english exchange area. Gall was kind enough to offer to translate the main topics and to have a digest of other topics. This will help the english speaking to have a better access to the russian section.

In the russian section there will be pointers to the main topics of the english postings. This will make it easier for the russian members to have access to the board.

I'm sure that this is a huge workload and difficult to handle by one person only. I hope there will be sufficient interest in each others thoughts and that others will volunteer to help out with their language skills.

The russian postings will be imported to the archive section once they become available.

Please join in and share your thoughts about the topic.

Ahmet
Joe Farina

Russian forum / archiv

Post by Joe Farina »

This is an innovative and impressive concept, Ahmet, thank you. Also, I would like to extend my special thanks to Gall. I hardly know what to say about such generosity.
Jem

Russian forum / archiv

Post by Jem »

Wow!, that's brilliant news. I used to try looking at the Russian forum, but the online translators had a hard time pulling anything meaningful out of the vast majority of the posts. Thanks to Colin, Ahmet and Gall, it's great that the two communities are coming together. Hopefully a few more people will join in to make the translation task easier as I fear that it's an awful lot of work for one person to shoulder.

Jem
Sergio

Russian forum / archiv

Post by Sergio »

This is very interesting and I hope will do well, also there were Bulgarian and Ukrainian important information there.