Improve printing options

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
Arturo

Improve printing options

Post by Arturo »

Hi,

I am not familiar with phpbb software, but I was wondering if there is any possibility from the admin side to improve the way forum threads can be printed. As of today they have two limitations: offsite images are not included, and printing has to be done one page at a time.

Would it be possible to have, at least the whole thread print with one single go, instead page by page? An alternative would be to let the user choose how many posts to see per page.

Thanks,
a_k

Improve printing options

Post by a_k »

Hello Arturo,

Linking to data on other websites is not a good idea because after a while many of those links will be pointing to Nirvana. If the linked content is essential for the specific post this means that the post will become worthless. I can't expect everybody to keep track of and service (keep updated) all the links they use here. Nor can i provide this service for you.

If the data is uploaded here on the other hand, we can be certain that the data will be accessible during the whole lifetime of the forum and possibly even after that as an archive.

I'm working on a function for printing/previewing entire threads. The number of posts displayed per page is determined globally, it is set to 10 posts per page at the moment but the number could be set to a higher value if needed. Having users set the number of posts/page is not desirable because it has the potential to cause overhead for the server.

Ahmet

P.S. I can't reproduce the issue with offsite links you mention. If the link really points to an image file, it will be displayed. It just is not desirable for the reasons mentioned above.

For the following a link to an offsite .png file was inserted with the IMG tag, (accepted extensions are gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tif, tiff) :gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tif, tiff