15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Light and its behaviour and properties
Ed Wesly

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Ed Wesly »

Distilling a 15 week class into a 2 hour lecture at the new home of the Chicago Photography Center, this Friday, April 11th, at 7:00PM. If you are in the Chicago area and want some cheap laughs at my expense, please come on down!

http://www.chicagophoto.org/cpcs-lectur ... s-returns/
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Holomark

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Holomark »

Ed,
That picture of you hurts my eyes. Is it my monitor or is there some reason for the blurry/out of focus image?
Mark
Ed Wesly

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Ed Wesly »

Sorry if that image offends, but a nice sharp one might be harsher on your eyes!

You’re not the first one to comment on this image, I got an e-mail from Dr. Laser, Jason Sapon:
“Holy crap! Is that what you look like now???? I must look like death by comparison!” So I guess I must look like holy crap! We’ll have to sort this out!

Curiously enough, I don't know who took this picture of me! At a certain point in the semester during the Physics of Light class in the Harrington College of Design’s Digital Photography Department I bring in my film cameras for students to look at and through. Sometimes they are even bold enough to take a picture! So this was on a roll of film from that experience, and I have no clue as to who took it! I think it's appropriate as it looks like I am looking through a lens.

I wanted to run a different image, of me doing the aberration demo, note the pincushion distortion on the door. But the photographer didn’t reply with permission to reproduce in a timely manner, so we didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes at the CPC. But here it is here!
EdWesly2cropped600.jpg
Arturo

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Arturo »

Hey, Ed, will you be recording this?
Holomark

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Holomark »

Ed,
Im not offended (and I hope I have not offended you by my comment). I just thought it was an interesting choice for the website and/or wondered if I was seeing what you intended. Don't really mean to criticize your artistic choices.
Mark
EdWesly-300x300.jpg
EdWesly-300x300.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 12020 times
Ed Wesly

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Ed Wesly »

I guess my self-effacing humor doesn't transmit well over the web. Need to see live and in person.

I like this image because it makes you really think about what you are looking at. Plus it takes decades off my face, cheaper than plastic surgery.

No video tapes were made, however the "classroom handouts" for the event are up at my new web site, (a transplant of my grad school site, slowly being revitalized), at http://edweslystudio.com/Photo/CPCLecture/index.html
Arturo

15 Weeks in 2 Hours!

Post by Arturo »

Thanks for sharing those, Ed!