Imaged Planed DCG holograms

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Someone asked when I would start making H1 and then H2's from H1's for imaged planed holograms on the old forum and I would like to ellaborate on the answer I gave. I will be doing some image planed holograms in DCG as soon as I have full control over color tuning. But instead of doing an H1 transmission my H1 will be a color tuned reflection hologram. Then I will do a proximity copy.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

A transmission DCG would be much easier. Why are you trying to make a reflection H1 to H2?
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

as i stated to you in the other forum;

john you can do a H1,H2 configuratin using one beam , basically you need to shift your H1 color to the blue(thru thickness, dichromate ammount and hardness of fix) ,place your H1 about 1/2 inch away from your undeveloped H2 expose both with one beam and presto chango instant H2.i can show you some pictures later. Lee Lacey a fantastic holographer in th mid west showed me the setup
and i couldnt believe how simple it is....

http://www.geocities.com/greenpagoda/unicorn.jpg
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Dave, are we talking about the same thing? A proximity copy (1/2") of a reflection into a reflection? If so I am aware of the proceedure and should be trying it soon. I was hooked on the fact that I would have to invest in UV index matching adhesive to protect the H1 before copying it. But after thinking and experiencing that my DCG holograms keep for a very long time in my cellar where they are made. I think I will just not seal it and use it with it's emulsion side uncovered. I will keep you posted on my results.

Peace!
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Dave, did you mean to give us a link to an online nursery? The full link is broken and doesn't go anywhere though.

John, if you flip your final H1 so that your viewing the real image and then put an unexposed plate where that real image is, less than an inch in front of the plate since you're doing single-beam reflections, you'll end up with a simplified H1-H2 copy setup.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

sorry about the picture it was way to large so i had to delet it and downsize it . it should be ok to view now. dcg holography responds very well to the configuration you so well explained michael. just remember to make the emulsions face each other.by reprocessing the h1 it should shift closer to your blue wavelength............

http://www.geocities.com/greenpagoda/unicorn.jpg
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

also when cutting the film to make your H2 make the film a little taller than you need so you wont see the top edge of film ,as in the unicorn hologram listed above, i would trim off the extra after processing........

are you guys familiar with a three point kenetic mount?
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

are you guys familiar with a three point kenetic mount?
It rings a bell but I'd have to search to find a reference. Got one handy?
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

dave battin wrote:are you guys familiar with a three point kenetic mount?
Do you mean a 6 point plate holder? Graham has one in his book in the section on holographic interferometry.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

I use a three point mount made of nails to support my plate over my object if that is what you mean. I would use the same mount for a proximity copy also. Having the overhead reference beam not only allows my object to set up on it base (upright) but also allows me to configure my setup such that the object is resting on it's back with the plate paralell to the table over the object. The latter is how I will make the broken mirror hologram, which I hope to do tonight.