Introductions - Everyone please chime in!

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
BobH

Post by BobH »

Welcome, Michael! Where are you located?
Grey

Post by Grey »

BobH wrote:Welcome, Michael! Where are you located?
Hi Bob, I'm currently in Tulsa, Oklahoma (USA). I just updated my profile.
oquagen

Post by oquagen »

Grey wrote:Hello all, my name is Michael Reiser.
I can actually partake in an activity I've only been able to dream about for so long. I'm so excited, I can hardly breathe!

Being just a beginner, I'm sure I'll be asking some silly questions (after searching, of course). All I ask is your patience :)
Michael
Michael, have a look at our article "Homemade holograms". This article describes the simple holographic setup and processing, which allow to record small qualitative reflection holograms in domestic conditions. See http://www.holography.ru/files/holpte.htm
Grey

Post by Grey »

oquagen wrote:
Michael, have a look at our article "Homemade holograms". This article describes the simple holographic setup and processing, which allow to record small qualitative reflection holograms in domestic conditions. See http://www.holography.ru/files/holpte.htm[/quote]

Hi Sergey,

I'm well aware of your wonderful site, and visit it often (I've been really looking forward to the completion of your technology articles). It's a mainstay on my daily holography websurfing routine. :)
relax

Post by relax »

Just another newbe on the block....

Recently I discovered this fascinating technology.
My name is Fabian and I think about starting with holographic photography. So I don't have much to tell about my holo experiences.

I'll tell you a little more on me:
- I live in Holland
- 30 years of age
- Make music in a band
- Fly model-nitro helicopters
- Like to kitesurf & windsurf
- Computer network manager

Fabian
Steve

Post by Steve »

Been interested in and have read every thing I came across on the subject for around 25 years now. I never got involved at all until a few weeks ago when I ran across a program on the web for printing out holograms on a laserjet printer. Playing with all the cemicals always put me off.

About me:
Tool & Die maker
Live in N Calif USA
43 years old
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Welcome Steve,

There are a lot of us in the bay area. I just moved my lab but give me a couple of months to reset it up and you are more than welcome to visit.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thank you very much. I would realy like that. I had some one give me a bunch of old laser testing stuff that had been left in one of the labs and hadn't been trashed after every one who knew any thing about it left. Not sure what most of it is.... I also just bought a high rez laserprinter to try some more of the computer generated holograms. If I can't get the computer stuff to work I would like to give the glass film stuff a try
linkman_11

Post by linkman_11 »

Before recently I had no idea a hologram existed. I thought that they were "projections of light", as seen in star wars or other sci-fi movies. i was searching the web for ideas for a science fair when I stumbled upon hologram. I thought "wow, i could make a star wars hologram at the science fair". When i searched for 'hologram" on a search engine I was amazed at the amount of hits i found. I ordered Frank's DeFreitas's book, Shoebox holography and i made a few holograms of my own. A month later and I still don't fully understand the all of the principals of holography.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

[quote:3aa4fbd01a="linkman_11"]Before recently I had no idea a hologram existed. I thought that they were "projections of light", as seen in star wars or other sci-fi movies. i was searching the web for ideas for a science fair when I stumbled upon hologram. I thought "wow, i could make a star wars hologram at the science fair". When i searched for 'hologram" on a search engine I was amazed at the amount of hits i found. I ordered Frank's DeFreitas's book, Shoebox holography and i made a few holograms of my own. A month later and I still don't fully understand the all of the principals of holography.[/quote:3aa4fbd01a]
Don't worry. there are a lot of other people who still don't understand all the principles of holography and they've been doing it for years! :D