405nm DCG

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
ooleg

405nm DCG

Post by ooleg »

a_k wrote:Hello John

It was indeed AmDi that i was using. I'll try KD and see if it helps.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Hi!
No sense using KDI, if not looking for any high pH levels (eg MB for red sensitivity) or because of temperature treatment before washing in water.
My question to me is another - why 2% gelatin and why 0.085% AmDi?
a_k

405nm DCG

Post by a_k »

Hello ooleg

What makes you think 2% gelatin and 0.085% AmDi was used? You are mixing up absolute and relative values.
holos

405nm DCG

Post by holos »

Sorry for my bad English, I wrote many materials about DCG on Russian on Russian part of our Forum http://holographyforum.org/phpBB2/viewt ... =22&t=5772
Nonetheless, I consider your hologram very salient for record DCG by short wavelength. I don’t record DCG holograms by 405 nm, but I record by all line of Ar-laser and Cd laser (440 nm).
And I presume some variants for shift the color of image to red.

1. Simplest method – change humidity. You can record holograms under small humidity, near 5% and protect hologram after developing under 60-70%. This method nonstable – DCG don’t like big humidity and for high temperature can be destroy.

2. Use broadband developing. Look to two figures. Fig. 1 show narrow spectrum of holograms.
narrow spectrum of DCG.jpg
narrow spectrum of DCG.jpg (129.66 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
The shift of color is small for this case, only for use isopropanol. But sharp of volume is good.
But combination small exposition and big temperature of development give broadband spectrum of image, Fig 2.
wide spectrum of DCG.jpg
wide spectrum of DCG.jpg (90.25 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
3. The short length of a wave allows receiving the most broadband display. It is connected by that DCG layer absorb the short wavelength very well see Fig. 3, so hardness of layer is variable and registration of interference pattern have big nonlinearity, see Fig. 4.
Transmission of DCG PFG-04.jpg
Transmission of DCG PFG-04.jpg (194.68 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
linear and nonlinear development of DCG.jpg
linear and nonlinear development of DCG.jpg (74.55 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
This nonlinearity applied make shift wavelength to red region and simultaneous make wide “distend” the spectrum of reconstruction of image.
So, need very precisely keep four parameters of develop DCG holograms – exposition, time of development, temperature of development and humidity.
Martin

405nm DCG

Post by Martin »

Thanks, Sergey, this is is very interesting.
As for shifting the wavelength towards red, incorporating a gelatin compatible compound (to provide some post-swelling) might also work.
ooleg

405nm DCG

Post by ooleg »

I just made a scheme for powering bluray diode. Everything went.
Unfortunately, it appeared that the beam coming out of the diode is not parallel, but very strongly broadened. I can not understand why, and how to fix it. Beam is expanded even more than an ordinary LED.
DJ Mathson

405nm DCG

Post by DJ Mathson »

Ooleg, do you have a collimator lens in front of the diode?
ooleg

405nm DCG

Post by ooleg »

DJ Mathson wrote:Ooleg, do you have a collimator lens in front of the diode?
Yes, I watched this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21hNxS78-I
I used a red laser module of optics and housing - and after a few hours effort it started normally.
a_k

405nm DCG

Post by a_k »

ooleg wrote:Unfortunately, it appeared that the beam coming out of the diode is not parallel, but very strongly broadened. I can not understand why, and how to fix it. Beam is expanded even more than an ordinary LED.
Are you using a cylindrical housing like the Aixiz ones? If so, they are made for red LDs and with 405nm the problem is that the collimator can't be screwed in far enough resulting in a divergent beam. For Aixiz modules there are longer collimators, which work fine with 405nm. Alternatively you can remove the front ring, that way the collimator can be screwed in more and you should get a better collimation.
DSCN4381.JPG
DSCN4381.JPG (40.81 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
DSCN4380.JPG
DSCN4380.JPG (40.72 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
DSCN4379.JPG
DSCN4379.JPG (41.05 KiB) Viewed 2778 times