Fitting Bragg curve

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
moheshm

Fitting Bragg curve

Post by moheshm »

I just want to know how to fitt bragg curve in origin using the volume transmission grating equation.
I managed to fix the peak curve using nonlinear curve fitting in origin by substituting the equation and by initialising the various parameters but not able to fitt the side lobes. Can somebody help me in this matter.
Tom B.

Fitting Bragg curve

Post by Tom B. »

I think the lack of response is because most of us are display holographers - not theorists, and for the few that are theorists there is no context for your question - do you have some experimental results that don't agree with your model or is this just homework? Perhaps if you posted your results and references to your models, someone might get interested.
dubc

Fitting Bragg curve

Post by dubc »

If you are still out there, can you please show a image of your data and fit? I have never tried to fit a bragg curve, only calculate it theoretically. Also, can you describe the system and technique you used to measure? As you go to off-bragg angles, any number of things can affect your results, including the change in fresnel coefficients. Did you account for the difference between internal and external angles, if you have a transmission hologram?