LitiHolo order Help

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
Jem

LitiHolo order Help

Post by Jem »

Hi all

I was trawling through some of my holography bookmarked websites before Christmas and came across the LitiHolo website. I've fancied trying some of their 'Instant' film for a while so I decided to order some. I placed an order via their website on 17th December 2009, we're now at 20th January and I still haven't received my order. I've sent an email via their website to try and chase up the order but haven't had a reply.

Is there anyone on the forum that could possibly give any insight as to the reliablility of this company as i'm getting a little worried now.

Cheers

Jem
Tom B.

LitiHolo order Help

Post by Tom B. »

First, try to contact them by phone. If no success, assuming you used a credit card order, find out if you have been billed yet.

If, after a few tries, you cannot contact them by phone or email and you have been billed and they do not deliver, you have some hope of disputing the transaction with your credit card company. It COULD be that they are just badly organized/on vacation/whatever. Or, as sometime
happens, things do get lost in the mail. Disputing transactions is pretty drastic and is a last resort, but if the company can't even provide
minimal customer support they should not be in business .

If you have not been billed, and you cannot contact them, it is possible that they have walked away from the business and are defunct. Just to
make sure, send an order cancellation with all order details and file it for future reference in case a charge should later appear on your card account.

Keeping records of your attempts to contact the company are a good idea. This link seems to provide reasonable advice:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4616028_cancel- ... order.html

I once ran into a situation where I was sure I was being scammed but it was all innocent, a combination of their site being hacked thus cutting off email, unfortunately timed vacations, and general incompetence. I did get my stuff and bear them no ill will but won't buy from them again.
Jem

LitiHolo order Help

Post by Jem »

Thanks for the good advice Tom.

I was billed for the goods on 17th December, it was a website transaction. I've since had my credit card statement and it appears on there as being a completed transaction on that date.

I've still not heard anything, but I will give them another week to respond before I place a dispute with my c/card company. In the UK I believe the c/card company are only liable if the transaction is over £100, but they should still be able to dispute the transaction if necessary.

The address of Litiholo is:

Liti Holographics
300 Ed Wright Lane
Suite C
Newport News
VA 23606

Tel: 757 873 6460

Web: litiholo.com

Unfortunately for me things are a little more difficult as i'm in the UK. I'll keep hoping something turns up.

Cheers

Jem
Colin Kaminski

LitiHolo order Help

Post by Colin Kaminski »

In the early days of Liti I had very good customer support from them. I bought a copy of "The Kiss". If you have no luck contacting them I can try as well.
Jem

LitiHolo order Help

Post by Jem »

Hi Colin

I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind giving them a quick call for me. I'd just like to know they are still in business.

Kind regards

Jem
Jem

LitiHolo order Help

Post by Jem »

I received this email today, it explains a lot ...

Dear Jeremy

We have received your LitiHolo order, and we apologize for the delay in shipping. There has been a minor equipment fire here at Liti Holographics, which has set our production back more than expected. While we work to get our systems back to full capacity, we want to make sure that you have the best options available for your needs.

If you need your order fulfilled more quickly (within the next 2 weeks), we recommend that you go to our distribution partners at Hammacher Schlemmer or ThinkGeek (http://www.hammacher.com/Product/77727?promo=search and http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/7782/). Both of these companies have our latest Hologram Kits in stock, and at the same prices. Please notify us at your earliest convenience if you choose this option, and we will provide you with a full refund for your existing LitiHolo order.

If your needs are less time critical, we will place your current order on backorder, and notify you immediately when it is ready. We expect to be back to full capacity and shipping backorders within the next 2 weeks.

At Liti Holographics, we value each customer’s experience, as we strive to provide the best in holographic products and holographic experiences. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused and we thank you for your patience in the matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Liti Holographics at 757-873-6460 or email us at info@litiholographics.com.

Sincerely,

Paul Christie
President

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk