Who makes large rainbow holograms?

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
DigiFlash

Post by DigiFlash »

We've got inquiry for ~2x1 (WxH) hologram to put in the window of the store, facing sunny Mediterranean city outside. Would need to be custom made.
Our reflection digital holograms at Rabbitholes would require the light from the front (i.e. outside)
I was wondering who now is still making big Rainbow holograms? Those should be the best fit, right?

I used to work in Geola and we had quite a bit of big Australian Holographics rainbows... somehow pulsed rainbows we were doing back then were not looking that clear..
I suspect that was only a matter of film used, VRP-M is quite noisy and foggy...
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

John Perry of Holographics North makes the biggest rainbows ive ever seen ........... :shock:

and he is currently in production.
Karsten

Post by Karsten »

Hi,

if you are still looking for large rainbow holograms, you can have a look here, maybe we can make, what you need...

http://www.sax3d.com/en/portfolio/light ... ction.html
DigiFlash

Post by DigiFlash »

Thanks for the info,

Does sax3d make the Rainbow holograms with images or just diffraction gratings?
If so, can it be digital, or just mastering from real objects?
Karsten

Post by Karsten »

To make sure to understand you right...you need e big digital hologram of a city?
What we can do are diffraction gratings up to 1,4m x 1,02m in one pice and laminate them together for bigger ones. There we get up to almost 100% DE depending on the optical function. They are kind of digital - custom made angles of incidence and diffr. angles - but not images, not yet. But we can make them from real objects as well.
If you need more information in detail write me an email: karsten.hoyer@sax3d.com