Gelatin Question

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
Dutchelm05

Gelatin Question

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Very nice work Dave,
Yes I guess that is what we would expect, higher bloom blue shift.
I guess if you are looking to make a blue master your on your way.

Question, were these all at the same fix time?
I think higher bloom would need less fix time, therefore you could get a reder shift.
I use 279 bloom and can get yellow to green/blue depending on exposure time and fix time.

Great photos thanks!
dave battin

Gelatin Question

Post by dave battin »

Dutchelm05 wrote:I guess if you are looking to make a blue master your on your way.

Question, were these all at the same fix time?
well maybe not so much for a blue master,but more for Multicolor dcg composit holograms :dance:

all exposuer times/energy and processing was the same with each plate ........
Dutchelm05

Gelatin Question

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Dave, can you do me a favor.

Can you take your yellow hologram and show what the transmission looks like?

So you shine the light on your hologram so it makes a strong image, the place a white peice of paper on the other side and see what the cased image looks like. It should be pink or purple. Take a photo of it and post it.

I wanted to see what the appoximate DE was.

Thanks man!
Danny Bee

Gelatin Question

Post by Danny Bee »

279 bloom? wow where you get that tony? :angel:
Dutchelm05

Gelatin Question

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Hey Danny, good to hear from you.
The company is called GELITA
My offer is the same for you of coarse, if you would like some to try, PM me with your address.
Hope all is well with you!
Tony
dave battin

Gelatin Question

Post by dave battin »

Dutchelm05 wrote: shine the light on your hologram so it makes a strong image, then place a white peice of paper on the other side and see what the cased image looks like. It should be pink or purple. Take a photo of it and post it.

I wanted to see what the appoximate DE was.

Thanks man!
Sorry i haven't gotten to this. my camera has not been available, I will post picture ASAP. Tony i get a nice array of colors as i tip
the plate from a yellow-pink-blue, i try to keep the DE down as the noise seems to drop quite a bit too ..............it is possible to add another 20% of energy and that would make it blazingly bright but noisy as hell :twisted:
Dutchelm05

Gelatin Question

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thanks Dave,
I guess the problem at times to determine how bright a hologram is since we all have different set ups with cameras and lighting. I remember when visiting Bob's house some weeks ago and he showed me a hologram from August Muth. Very white broadband and the cast of the tranmission light was almost black :drool: :!: :!: He also had one from Dinesh in which it cased a deep purple (and crystal clear by the way). These hologram blaze even with a small amount of light.

Anyway if you could take a photo great.

I hope to try your dip method one day. I think it could improve on having fresh film before any shoot.

Peace,
Tony
dave battin

Gelatin Question

Post by dave battin »

Dutchelm05 wrote:Thanks Dave,
I guess the problem at times to determine how bright a hologram is since we all have different set ups with cameras and lighting. I remember when visiting Bob's house some weeks ago and he showed me a hologram from August Muth. Very white broadband and the cast of the tranmission light was almost black :drool: :!: :!: He also had one from Dinesh in which it cased a deep purple (and crystal clear by the way).
Tony
Was Dinesh’s holo broad band as well?

If you think of the hologram as a tunable color filter that becomes more clear, the broad band reflects all (or most)of the frequencies, thus blackened out. Now depending the color of Dinesh's if it its broad band means he likes to "ride the wave" so to speak, where its the low noise, less DE is given where the efficiency could be less and the naked cant see it.

i have one of august's holos and this exhibits the same as Bob's .............
dave battin

Gelatin Question

Post by dave battin »

dave battin wrote:Sorry i haven't gotten to this. my camera has not been available, I will post picture ASAP. Tony i get a nice array of colors as i tip
the plate from a yellow-pink-blue, i try to keep the DE down as the noise seems to drop quite a bit too ..............it is possible to add another 20% of energy and that would make it blazingly bright but noisy as hell :twisted:
here are a few shots of a test plate i did last night that i have provided the requested information by Tony

notice (#2 ,#3 pictures), the spots in the framed shadow which coinside with the bright reflections (super saturated areas).

yet in the last picture only a blue plate is seen in transmission? Wild stuff!! Tony i look foward to your response (and others too)..........
Attachments
4x5 dcg
4x5 dcg
DNS4.JPG (207.61 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
4x5 dcg
4x5 dcg
DNS3.JPG (219.42 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
4x5 dcg
4x5 dcg
DNS2.JPG (207.98 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
4x5 dcg
4x5 dcg
DNS1.JPG (227.24 KiB) Viewed 2926 times
Dutchelm05

Gelatin Question

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thanks is really great Dave, thanks.

I remember in John's web site he talks about his elephant hologram and how it was so bright he could not see the soda can behind it.

I think for a yellow/gold hologram the purpleish transmission is good while pinkish transmission indicates underexposure.

Broadband tends to be dark purple or in the case of some of August's holos I've seen, black.

Really night hologram by the way Dave!!
Attachments
This is a transmission of August's hologram.
This is a transmission of August's hologram.
August Shell.jpg (27.38 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
Here is the transmission of my Bunnygran which is a bright as I've done
Here is the transmission of my Bunnygran which is a bright as I've done
Bunny Transmission.jpg (26.99 KiB) Viewed 2921 times