Hologlyphic Movies / Feb 21st, San Francisco

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
soundwave

Post by soundwave »

Hi Folks...not actual Holography, a different process, but true 3D and the images move with sound.

13th Granny-versary Festivities
Sunday, February 21, 2010 ++ Noon 'till MIDNIGHT

++ Granny?s Empire of Art ++
Free!

Address, Artists and schedule here-
http://jainabee.com/events/index.html

Hologlyphics in The Dollhouse Aerie

Noon - Midnight, Hologlyphics will be showing stereoscopic video viewable without 3D glasses, synchronized with live music as a performance, plus pre-recorded material. It's stereoscopic without glasses and infinite views are available from multiple perspectives. All imagery is generated in real-time and interactive.

http://www.hologlyphics.com

Many other artists + performers & a mini Subgenius Film Fest. This house has too be seen in person to be believed, a multi-story staircase filled wall to wall with thousands of colored pencils, submarine bathroom and more.
favalora

Post by favalora »

Hi -

How big are the funkaglyphic 3-D images these days? Are you re-projecting them onto a 2-D screen?

g
soundwave

Post by soundwave »

The images on my main rig are 6" to 19", depending on the installation. Basically how long I have to setup beforehand. On an experimental mirror display I've been using, the images are up to 2 feet, but not as complex as with Tilton's display. Working on expanding the capabilities.

As to your second question-

Are you re-projecting them onto a 2-D screen?

Whatt!!?!?!?! Is this some sort of sick volumetric display humor I am not privy to? ;)

~Walter
favalora

Post by favalora »

Well, I.... hmmm....

Good point!

I guess I imagined you'd also have a camera pointed at the 3-D display and then simultaneously project it gigantic, somewhere. Guess not!

g