Sale of dcg holograms at MIT ?

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Hello All, i received good feedback from Seth Riskin about selling my DCG holograms, and it got me thinking about a few things, and i thought some of the forum members might like to be involved as well.

here is my idea #1
if any member can produce a nice GREEN silver reflection master (for proximity copying in dcg) ,@4x5 0r larger, and send it to me, i can produce copies in dcg for the possibility of selling them in the MIT store. If this image is sales worthy then royalties will be paid out, how much that is will be determined later.

Idea # 2

any holographer doing DCG is to produce a minimum one image, be able to make repeatable copies of this image and make it in a uniform way, like 5"x5" with edges ground round (or i can grind/polish them here),i would/could make nice minimalist wood bases for all, with the possibility of having the front of these wood bases engraved with MIT logo, Name on back ?

who would like to do this ? ill be talking to Seth shortly and would like to know if there is any intrest here as i can include them to submit along with mine when i get to boston (hopfully).
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Wow :shock: this is great count me in!
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Hey Dave, Congratulations!! :clap: :dance:
Let me know when you plan on making the trip up.
Ron
favalora

Post by favalora »

Hi -

I live in the town adjacent to MIT. If any of you are traveling to Cambridge, MA and want to ask any first-timer questions (travel, hotels, food, whatever) feel free to ask.

g
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

favalora wrote:Hi -

I live in the town adjacent to MIT. If any of you are traveling to Cambridge, MA and want to ask any first-timer questions (travel, hotels, food, whatever) feel free to ask.

g
thanks Greg and Ron and Danny, lets hope i get to the point where i need to go up there. I had a nice talk with Seth about the future of this POSSIBLE venue. i think he and i are on the same plane of ideas, the problem here is Seth needs to convince all the other board members too! :x :roll: :cry: :shock: :think:

i left off with Seth that i would send some images of my product and then have to wait to see what happens ...................

a minor problem is we are up agenst a number of older holographers with closets full of old holograms they are ready to unload ! :wall:
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Congratulations Dave, I wish you the best of luck. I've always thought your work was better than amateur status and I am glad to see you are getting your work out there. You are definitely an artist.
Please keep us posted and look forward to see how it goes!
Tony
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

"a minor problem is we are up agenst a number of older holographers with closets full of old holograms they are ready to unload !"

Don't worry about that! The reason that they have closets full of holograms is that nobody wanted them back then! And probably nobody will either today. Hopefully yours will sell!
ron olson

Post by ron olson »

Dave,
We'll send you a green H2 on glass - we have lots of images that will work well in ~5" x 7" format (i.e. birds, reptiles and marine scenes).
Ron
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ron olson wrote:Dave,
We'll send you a green H2 on glass - we have lots of images that will work well in ~5" x 7" format (i.e. birds, reptiles and marine scenes).
Ron

Excelent news Ron!. ill PM you my address
ron olson

Post by ron olson »

Dave,
I produced (4) 6" x 8" H2's for you to experiment with - I'm including (1) 10" x 8" portrait becuase I've never seen one of our portraits copied in DCG. Two of the 6x8's are with post-processing (our standard for Agfa Millimask is to finish per Nick Phillips colodial developing) and two are without for comparison.
I need a shipping address.
Ron