Light scratches on emulsion side (H1 master)

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

I recently made H1 transmission master on BB640 plate and also I made mistake - I put very light scratches on emulsion side (which is visible on H2 copy although not dramatic). So my question is there any way to remove these scratches from emulsion ? (polishing or other method?)
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

in the past i have applied paste wax (no water!) to the emulsion (fuji film) and buffed it with a very clean/soft rag to remove larger scratches with good success, you will need to try this on a sample of your film first please ! :wall:
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Thanks Dave. Is this paste wax for cars? Do you remember manufacturer (if yes send link please).
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Konrad wrote:Thanks Dave. Is this paste wax for cars? Do you remember manufacturer (if yes send link please).
actually i remeber using funiture spray wax also, im sorry no links,you will need to find out on your own, just try it on a sample and be sure there is no water contained in the wax ...........
BobH

Post by BobH »

Use index-matching fluid when using the H1 to make an H2 to make the scratches disappear. Scratches on the H2 emulsion will disappear when you paint it black.